(MBBO-5 c2)⚜Ride O'clock⚜((FOR SALE))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good, nice detail work so far!

Luke.
Thanks bud!
Man that is lookin' Sweet
You're really getting a jump on it.
I like.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

franco
Thanks! yeah huh! this project is my time killer/moral booster..having a hard time finding a stable job these days:oops: , 12 days in only ...:39: heck i might be abble to ride the thing before it gets cold and snowy:)

That's ^ my attitude in these Fall build-offs....get it built to enjoy it before the cold and snow set in! I'm really liking your finishing touches on the frame construction and design. RaT oN!

That's ^ my attitude in these Fall build-offs....get it built to enjoy it before the cold and snow set in! I'm really liking your finishing touches on the frame construction and design. RaT oN!
Thanks bud , Yeah:rockout:

Just caught up with you superb metalwork.
I think I got my dose of Vitamin C as in COOL for the week.
Excellent work and design!

Beautiful design and implementation of your fork / bars. Trying to come up with a name for that....we have the 'spork' - spoon / fork combo...
View attachment 33706

I suppose we could go with 'bark' or 'fobar'....as long as it didn't get confused with 'fubar'.....:giggle:
Incredibly cool build. Love your out of the box style.

Fork apes? Frapes?
:eek: Handleforks?
o_O Handleborks...
:nerd: Handlefarks!

Merle. :crazy:
-Rollbars
-wheel bars
-endless apes
-legs grip fork
:39::bigsmile:idk

Just caught up with you superb metalwork.
I think I got my dose of Vitamin C as in COOL for the week.
Excellent work and design!
:)Thanks bud !

Seat tube clamp progress
DSCN6876_zpsgtecd4hh.jpg

cleaned
DSCN6877_zpsgk1n7sss.jpg

inserting the back of a seat post in the under side
DSCN6878_zpsqa8ppp7w.jpg

welding it in place
DSCN6879_zpsjryw8v2a.jpg

cuting it ... That's a stopper ,so my seat post won't drop inside and be lost forever :wink1:
DSCN6880_zpsvns9gafc.jpg

inserted /welded /cleaned Done deal!:)
DSCN6881_zpsjvmaxoo5.jpg

I can't imagine those loooong winters anymore...I lived in Pennsylvania Maine and Nantucket most my life...so I know..He!!, I lived in Charleston S.C. before Florida, and it was still too cold there.....lol..
Canada...beautiful country...too much winter, but expected and accepted
Australia.., I can't figure that country .guess you gotta get up there near Darwin to wear shorts in winter....:bigsmile:

bike-snow-shed.jpg

I bent the bars (but not welded yet)
and decided to do a mockup to get the big picture
DSCN6883_zps1uvmkaev.jpg

these bars are so huge its funny , can't wait to ride that!
DSCN6884_zpsdwixmx1v.jpg

pretty similar :D
MBBO_zpsxwuwpllt.jpg

I can't imagine those loooong winters anymore...I lived in Pennsylvania Maine and Nantucket most my life...so I know..He!!, I lived in Charleston S.C. before Florida, and it was still too cold there.....lol..
Canada...beautiful country...too much winter, but expected and accepted
Australia.., I can't figure that country .guess you gotta get up there near Darwin to wear shorts in winter....:bigsmile:

View attachment 33999
Yeah well winter for me gives me 2 personality , i switch mode from riding and building bikes to riding and building snowskates and 3d drawing , i love snow:heart: , but i do hate cold :oops::bigsmile:

That's a Wild Thang'

the bars are a little low, but you know..to each....:bigsmile:
I was wondering what kind of 'jig' you used to keep it straight
had to back up and check it out.

cool job, you got that front to rear frame and then just drop everything in....you're movin...looks almost done...:13:
I only did one little weld today on mine, gonna have to come up with something, no uniframe like yours, just cut up parts.

Seems like...it's a bit harder to keep these little guys straight then building a longer bike....

DSCN6884_zpsdwixmx1v.jpg

That's a Wild Thang'

the bars are a little low, but you know..to each....:bigsmile:
I was wondering what kind of 'jig' you used to keep it straight
had to back up and check it out.

cool job, you got that front to rear frame and then just drop everything in....you're movin...looks almost done...:13:
I only did one little weld today on mine, gonna have to come up with something, no uniframe like yours, just cut up parts.

Seems like...it's a bit harder to keep these little guys straight then building a longer bike....

DSCN6884_zpsdwixmx1v.jpg

yeah i know , i should have made it taller , i think iam gonna be cramped with these :wink1::giggle:

no jig was used , just planing/eyeballing/tacks/ajust/weld what i did on the cargo bike is : welding the down tube and the seat tube using 2 wood peices , then welding the head tube by eye and playing with it till it hold straight, then weld the top tube ... weld the lower stays by eye to hold the wheel , playing with it till it hold straight and weld the top stays ..
DSCN6584_zps5k9cq1lo.jpg

Last edited:
Really fun build. Ur detail and finish prep is killer! you seem to meet asthetic and function in your design with a cool balance. I dont even grasp the seat post but the fit and finish is wow.
Thanks man! really apreciate the comment :nod::thumbsup:

the picture in my last post is from my previous frame build

on the current one i just made a stopper in the seat tube so the seat post cant fall inside /go to low inside the seat tube:wink1:
the seat post is not welded in place yet , just a mock up , it will hold with plates between the frame tubes

Last edited:
decided to finish the frame before welding the bars ,
ill have a better idea of what angle i want when i can sit on the bike.
here is the making of the top plate the holds the seatpost
DSCN6885_zps93alxhys.jpg

welding the 2 halfs togetter over the post
DSCN6886_zpsz4k6ih0c.jpg

Tacked in place
DSCN6888_zps9dgnwv7f.jpg

15*angle:thumbsup: also fitted it on the bike to make sure the BB would be straight
DSCN6887_zpsuzvw8fzq.jpg

welded the post to the plate...and stopped there
DSCN6889_zpscn6alocq.jpg

here is what cutting/sanding the plates produced in dust and how dirty i ended:wink1: .. some day ill get my self a plasma torch :nod::nerd:
DSCN6895_zpsath4lppu.jpg

Back