(MBBO Class 2) Muscle Basket Case

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was wandering if they ever made a 26" stick shift hawthorn 3 speed my neighbor said someone was supposed to come trade him one tomorrow and they told him it was original but we don't hardly believe them but we will see what they bring? ?
Sounds plausible...maybe Wards was trying to compete with Sears in the 70's.
Sears Spyder 's came in all kinds of variations.

Carl.

Can anyone tell me anything about the rat rod bike store page the 24"-3.45 tires for 39.95 is that price include delivery to the door if so that's what I'm saving for seems like the best looking tire for the price compared to anything else I've seen

You talking about using different thickness nuts or washers on either side of axle
Can you get a two or three speed cassette or is there such a thing? I guess if I wanted that I should save for a hub
Yea different spacers /shims & nuts can make a big difference in getting the chain line dialed in. Also washers /shims on a opc can help too.

2 & 3 & 4 speed freewheels do exist just ask Google. What they are for I don't know.
I've seen only 1 3 speed in person but never a 2 or 4.

Sorry it took a bit to reply been rapped up in stuff.

The hawthorn I was talking about wasn't what I thought it was it was a skinny tire road bike with ape hangers ,nanner seat,and a stick shift put on it it all seemed to be cobbled together with black tape and wire but it would make a good parts bike still made a offer on it I may end up with it

Got some work done on my build today but not a lot welded some chain stay extensions on that is about it need to cut out the slots for the wheel pretty sure there will be enough clearance for the tire I want pretty set on the boa g from the store site

Last edited:
I need to pick up a few pieces of scrap metal I looked everywhere for something to use for chain stays and could not find two pieces the same that was usable then remembered seeing someone one here using a sprocket and I had a solid one and tried it and it worked good not trying to copy anyone but this place is full of ideas

Lol I'm looking for a completely solid (except crank holes) 44t that's why I put that.
That sprocket had 36 but you might be able to get one from the bigger moto x bikes them sprockets would work on the other cranks if the other hole was drilled in it the square hole is the same width when you line it up with regular sprockets

Back