(MBBO class1)Low Certification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made sure my shifter works with the wheel and decided to route the cable in an S pattern,going to use some modified v brake guides for the bends
iphone152_zps73592a21.jpg

going to cut up this checkerplate for the top panel to cover the shifter
iphone150_zpse02c2223.jpg

well sorted out my chain guard and will have to run it so it sits above the crank but still looks good,the frame just wouldnt let me do it hugging the chainring without doing heaps of cutting up,so kind of looks like how a gasser sits hi above the front wheel,also got the diamond plate bent by using a big block of wood nailing the plate to it and hammering the edge over the side of wood,first attempt at doing this and it came out really well,cut out the hole for the shifter and rounded the front to fit around the headtube,done a mockup again to see how it looks,it all looks mismatched but somehow looks awesome,pictures soon as its dark and dont have my camera,my eldest son who is coming up 11 is so entranced by "dad's bike"so I decided the cool part is when I give it to him when its done

That's nice stance. The D plate looks good too.
Look at the grin on that boy. :) Go Dad!
Does he know yet?

Carl.

Great lines! I'm digging this build!

well I have been busy still working 6 days and long hours but got round to painting the guard and adding little exhaust pipes to it,painted the fork braces but left the rest bare metal and will allow nature to slowly rust it,cut the shifter hole in the d plate properly,so next is finish the paint stripping from the frame bars and stem

Back