Mead Ranger Arch Bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My latest score ??? or is it , I have to wonder as the rust looks deep
well at least the crust is .
archbar.jpg

never saw a seat bolted on quite like this...might be able to reuse the
padding but the leather is a bit shrunk up :lol:
crustyseat.jpg

somewhat legible badge
meadbadge.jpg

might get around to this in the spring.
Mark

Thanks Guys, an arch bar has been one of my "Holy Grail" bikes since my road bike days of the late 70s
early 80s...gave it a little scrubing last night and found the golden brown color these bikes were known
for along with some dents on a seat stay and the down tube also ,,, but no major rust holes so I guess
I'll build it up in the near future. Rough around the edges but it was a freebie just the same.
Mark

Wow, that's something you don't see everyday! :shock: Nice find! :wink:

You can't hardly beat a freebie, especially a truss frame bike with a long-spring seat. Congrats, looking forward to see it come back to life.

Schwinnspastic said:
Thanks Guys, an arch bar has been one of my "Holy Grail" bikes since my road bike days of the late 70s
early 80s...gave it a little scrubing last night and found the golden brown color these bikes were known
for along with some dents on a seat stay and the down tube also ,,, but no major rust holes so I guess
I'll build it up in the near future. Rough around the edges but it was a freebie just the same.
Mark

ya know its funny how things work out sometimes, when I met the guy I got this bike from I heard
he was into old bikes and might have a part I needed for one of my projects but at that time he wouldn't
part with a thing.... forward a few years ..we've become good freinds and now its like "take it, I'll
never do anything with it"... so now I have access to a pile of stuff from the 20s and up :D
So I guess I should Move this to the build threads I want to ride it so I started tossing some parts at it.
not correct parts just makes it look more complete.
meadwheels.jpg

Mark

Back