Meet 2008?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have plans to attend any national bike events in '08? Speak up, speak up!!! 8) 8)

its in crested butte, in june i think, its a wicked cool event from what i see and hear, there a cost for one day or weekend entry but it looks well worht the money. http://www.ftbw.com is the site to check it out.

btw, from a distance that lil avatar i your signature looks like he's up to no good!

fast eddie outty

Here's what I know so far that we'll try to do:
Great Lakes FreakBike Militia members are doing the Grand Rapids Mich. Autorama and the Detroit autorama. Rumor has it that there might be a couple of FreakBikes entered in the shows.
Possible Detroit/Royal Oak FreaBike Cruis during Detroit Autorama. This was an Itnl. ride last year with some Canucks showing up.
FreakBike booth and late night pixie racing at the Ann Arbor/Saline bike show.
Possibly a spring/early summer Mackinaw Island FreakBike ride.
FreakBike/Rat Rod Bike booth at Billet Proof show in Davisburg, Mich. or whereever they may move it.
Cycle Works 4th of July cruise.
FreakBike Golden Horseshoe Cruise in /around Hamilton beach/Oakville Ontario area. This is at least a weekend long ride and maybe even more this year!
House of Wheels bike show and Peddelers Cruise in Owosso Mich. More info when I get it.
I know there's others we'll attend but this is a good starting point!

Chainsaw said:
Here's what I know so far that we'll try to do:
Great Lakes FreakBike Militia members are doing the Grand Rapids Mich. Autorama and the Detroit autorama. Rumor has it that there might be a couple of FreakBikes entered in the shows.
Possible Detroit/Royal Oak FreaBike Cruis during Detroit Autorama. This was an Itnl. ride last year with some Canucks showing up.
FreakBike booth and late night pixie racing at the Ann Arbor/Saline bike show.
Possibly a spring/early summer Mackinaw Island FreakBike ride.
FreakBike/Rat Rod Bike booth at Billet Proof show in Davisburg, Mich. or whereever they may move it.
Cycle Works 4th of July cruise.
FreakBike Golden Horseshoe Cruise in /around Hamilton beach/Oakville Ontario area. This is at least a weekend long ride and maybe even more this year!
House of Wheels bike show and Peddelers Cruise in Owosso Mich. More info when I get it.
I know there's others we'll attend but this is a good starting point!

oh yeah keep me posted on the mackinaw island ride. i'll try my best to be there. could maybe do the G.R. one. let me know

Upper, the Grand Rapids Autorama is Jan. 11, 12, 13. Gigs , Nogoodnic and I will be there for sure! So stop on by!
The Island ride is Nogoodnic's baby, so we'll have to find out the date and info from him. If you come to G.R. maybe we can do some brain draining about it!

We're also trying to get a ride going over near GotaVan Dan's. He's in Greenville, not too far from G.R.
You should come out to the Ann Arbor show, very cool stuff!

I hope to go to the fall Tour de Fat in fort collins, maybe with stops for rides in Denver and Boulder on the days before the Tour de Fat. Then of course the local shows, Art of the Bicycle ( a Coaster BC and Go Away Garage organized show ) , the Mid West Bicycle fest (that aka,Locojoe runs), and Thursday night pub peddling . Let the year begin. OK. Lets warm up to riding to temperature ( above 50 degree F ) anyway. Come join us. Happy New Year ! Dangerous Dan

The single speed world championship in Napa, sometime in August.
Maybe the handmade bike show somewhere in the bay area, and the tour de fat.

and as i said before in the events area for the west coast guys we will be having two events. on may 10th all of you are invited to come to sacramento for the 3rd annual hooligans bike and car suede show. we change the name so for this year it is called DEA DE LOS HOOLIGANS (translated to day of the hooligans). there will be at least one bike class, and a few car classes as well. valve cover, and hood orniment racing, tons of raffle stuff and free to get in if you just walk in 10 bucks to enter a bike or car for the show. we will have about 5 bands, vendors, food, beer etc......

how about north eastern ohio?

Just wanted to give this topic a fighting chance.

It sounds to me, like Tour De Fat in Ft Collins, CO is gettting a few mentions. Not to exclude anybody or call this any sort of official meet, etc. It would be cool if a few folks might make a comittment to going.

Colorado is fairly central for the US mainlanders and if you have never been there in the summer, well, you need to go. Being there in Ft Collins in late summer with a bunch of cool bikes, there would be nothing better. If a group could decide on something there are some nice big cabins in Estes Park not far away. This would be some great cruiser riding.

Ft Collins is nice and flat, Estes Park's main town is fairly bike friendly and it would be AWESOME to head up into Rocky Mountain National Park and ride a bit. That would make for some photos.

Ok, I'm getting too excited. Please reply if there is any interest.

We'll be heading out to FT Collins again this year. Probably some of the other Coasters as well. It's great for what it is a big parade and party.

The Coasters will be hosting the Midwest Bicycle Fest again this year in late September. It's geared more towards showing, discussing etc... bikes. Not a big beer bash. Kansas is centrally located. http://midwestbicyclefest.com

There's also the Louisiana Bicycle Fest in the spring.

aka_locojoe said:
We'll be heading out to FT Collins again this year. Probably some of the other Coasters as well. It's great for what it is a big parade and party.

The Coasters will be hosting the Midwest Bicycle Fest again this year in late September. It's geared more towards showing, discussing etc... bikes. Not a big beer bash. Kansas is centrally located. http://midwestbicyclefest.com

There's also the Louisiana Bicycle Fest in the spring.

I was checking the link above, and wishing I was in a position to go to Kansas in September, and I saw this pic:

http://locojoe.com/bikefest/index.php?serendipity[subpage]=Photos&serendipity[image]=1268

I'm still getting to know everybody here on this site. I KNOW I recognize the light blue #14 bike in the background of this pic... it belongs to someone here, I've seen it on the boards, but it'll take me forever to troll the archives and find it. Whose bike is that? Isn't there a thread on it? I'm kinda explaining the rat rod bike deal to my dad and I wanna show it to him...

thanks in advance...

--rick

edit: dangit. link didn't stay together. under Photos, it's under 2007, set 2, 4th pic from the end...

Back