Men's Elgin bicycle....need some identification help please.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at this for a few days on Craigslist, and finally called the owner. Went and looked at it this morning and got it for a great price. He also gave me a battery pack and light that was found in the same old shed. the light is a Genuine Delta Nitemaster. I'm thinking it was on this bike at one point. The bike is rough, but it's great!!

I'm wondering what make and what year it may be. The serial number is C73946.

Would it have a tank? The battery pack and light he gave me attaches to the frame, and it fits where the tank would be. The battery pack is made of metal, as is the light. The lens is plastic, but looks like it would have originally been glass.

Now, it looks like it should've been set up with 28 inch tires, not the balloon tires that are on it. Or are the fenders wrong? Fenders seems quite thin. I'm thinking it should have 28 inch tires, but I have no idea.

When I was getting ready to leave, he called me back in the garage and gave me a Persons siren for free. Was my lucky day

Back