Midwest Bike Swap... April 25th Haysville, Ks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda premature, but wanted to get the word out...

We (Coasters bicycle club) are planning a spring swap meet, It will be held at the Haysville Hometown Market, in Haysville, Kansas.

hometownmarket1.jpg

Note: each booth has one electrical outlet

The date is Sunday April 25th from 8am to whenever, Cost... we are trying to keep this affordable for everyone, Free would be good, but if we have to provide insurance, and pay the park fee, we are looking at charging maybe $5

This will also hopefully be an Annual event, and we hope it grows into one of the largest around, especially since there doesn't seem to be any other bicycle related swap meets anywhere around Wichita.

I still have to get final approval from the City Council, but please post up if you are interested in attending. The first year we hope to get at least 20 vendors.

Thanks!!!

Re: Midwest Bike Swap... anybody interested?

ALL bike stuff is welcome!

BMX bike, Cruiser bike, Rat bike, Road bike, Vintage bike, just parts, or whole bikes, even acessories... it dont matter... its all welcome

Should also be ok to sell bicycle related items like clothing, helmets, posters, prints, yes even knick-knacks and maybe some brick-a-bracks, keyword "Bicycle Related"

udallcustombikes said:
If it doesn't work out, let me know and I will check with Udall. We could be indoors for about $35.
Where the problem comes in is selling on city property. I'm sure all towns have ordinances against that. For the bike fest I just pay a fee to use the park and everything is based on "donations".

People complain about having to come to Haysville like it's out in the boonies. Our city limit touches Wichita's. They'd probably think they were going to another state if they heard Udall :lol:

Tim,
I did this whole thing so you could CLEAN out your garage! lol

Cameron, its all good, I know we give you carp about Udall being out in the sticks and all that, Actually I think Udall is a nice little town....

To drive right thru on my way to Winfield! :lol: sorry man had to do it.

Hey man, it's ok. We lost our only resturaunt last month. But both gas stations have deep friers and pizza ovens and they know how to use them. Plus I got a lot of barns to hunt through for old bikes since it is "too far" from the big city for you guys.

Hey Ratfink, Isn't that date a little close to the date of the swap meet at Peddlers? does this mean that no one from that area will be coming up to Independence, Mo? Does everyone have to reserve a space for this swap or can people just drop in and set up?
If I make some money at Rick's and the wife will let me go (or come along with), I think it sounds like a road trip.

Hey Ratfink, Isn't that date a little close to the date of the swap meet at Peddlers? does this mean that no one from that area will be coming up to Independence, Mo? Does everyone have to reserve a space for this swap or can people just drop in and set up?
If I make some money at Rick's and the wife will let me go (or come along with), I think it sounds like a road trip.

Just to clarify... you do not need to reserve a spot, all spots are first come first serve. But I will add you probably need to reserve the spot if you want in the main pavilion. As soon as we run out of spots in the pavilion, 10x10 spots will be provided adjacent to the pavilion. Drop ins are always welcome!

So far about half of the pavilion spots are spoken for.

The date is close to the Peddelers swap, but a lot of us Wichita area folk cant justify the long drive, we needed something local. I was at the Fall Peddelers swap, but I dont plan on being there for the April 11th swap. Not sure if anyone else is making the trip?

Back