Monark Roadster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my new ride,I traded it for my Schwinn dx
This is my 1st Monark bike ever.
I realy dig it. i believe and appears to be all OG. thers some touch up spots someone did with
craptactualr white paint. its a 24" cruiser
Tank - Rack -Truss bars, SCH!T yeah.
if anybody knows what year it is, please lemme know

roadmaster.jpg

thanks guys, looks salmony now but ...., that orange black and white color scheme is
the shidely-shiz-nit, :x

Tailwinds said:
I had one of those, it was salmony also. Went at it with some WD40 and steel wool, that helped bring back some of the bold color.

no kidding?! and did it work?
wondered what i could do to try n make it orange-y again

I've used Meguiars Gold Class past wax before to bring back paint. It is not real abrasive & real good at bringing back the color & shine if there is enough paint left on it. Not real expensive, but worth a try. Good luck. Kool Bike! 8)

BankerRAt said:
I have that exact bike in a 26"/ Turtle wax rubbing compound should make that salmon color pop

MonarkRoadstera.jpg

But i dont want it salmon, i want it orange, lol
no its kool . what year is your bike my man, that way I'll know more or less my year

I just picked up today what I think is the same Monark as espanto's. It's a 24"er too. Got it in Big Bear, Ca. for $80. I can see the original black paint under that ugly white. I can also see a really faded gold/orange-ish color on the fenders. I also want to find out what year this bike is. I'm leaning towards 50's. The model # is 130 OG.

Picture22.png

Picture10.png

Salmon restored would be so different. I wouldn't change a thing......It will stand out at a show as the original is beyond what we would think it should be. If that color is orginal.....lol
I'm wondering if that is why it survived in such good shape.....lol
Not real manly in color......but definately an eye catcher today for a different reason.

Found this website. http://NBHAA.com/ It's a huge old bike resource. Careful if you email the guy for information. You gotta say "Hello" first in your email! And you have to send as many pictures showing detail as possible. The guy is kinda a smart aleck but he's helpful. I wound up finding out from him that my bike (pictured in my earlier post) is more than likely a 1952 juvenile 24" Monark. I'd have to get a guide from them to be 100% sure but at least now I know more or less the year.

Critter1 said:
Nice find. I just fixed one of those up for my son (a Firestone model). I'm looking for a tank for it now. I don't even know if the 24s had a tank...

I believe the 24" Roadster and 24" Rocket had tanks.

Back