Monster Cruiser build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not posted in a while cause this was on the back burner for a little bit. Well last week i kinda threw it together.Today I took it for a spin around my work lot and put it on my car to put air in the tires. Then i took a picture.

10539292726_9fb77fa779_c.jpg

I'm curious how strong those chain stays are?
That looks to be a high stress point, curious to see how well they hold up after a lot of riding.

not very. They have a ton of flex. I need add some gussets but I am also waiting for a 3 speed hub for a trike to put in the middle somewhere the bracketry for that should stiffen it up some also. I hope. lol

Yes you did but thats in my garage the bike is currently at my job. I get to tweak and weld on it in my spare time. Plus I get to ride it around. I am very fortunate to have multiple places to work on it.

Mmmm... you can put your bike on the car or your car on the bike.. I think it would work both ways :lol: :lol: :lol:

Added some gussets between the seat and chain stays. Definitely help. I took for a shakedown ride and am pretty happy with the progress. I'm looking forward for the 3 speed hub to get here though. I run out of gear really fast with that tiny crank sprocket.

10656866403_eb2d95295e_c.jpg

10656664544_6a214a7845_c.jpg

Lu-Max said:
I noticed the seat angle also, looks very uncomfortable.

On the contrary, it's very comfortable. I left it a little loose while I sat on it to get the right angle. I definitely sit more on the back of the seat on my butt then in the middle of it on my crotch. I rode it like that for 2 hours.

Got to work on adding a 3 speed. Instead of re lacing the wheel or changing wheelsets I decided to go with a 3 speed made for a trike. It has 2 cogs. My welds suck but I kinda just tacked it all together to see how i like it and how it all lines up.

11840434425_f5693d8a3c_c.jpg
11840724483_7209ac794e_c.jpg

11840719133_17bc4530e4_c.jpg

I dont have the cable and the shifter hooked up but 1st rides nice. I will need a small offset wheel sprocket cause the chain is slightly rubbing the tire.

Got to work on adding a 3 speed. Instead of re lacing the wheel or changing wheelsets I decided to go with a 3 speed made for a trike. It has 2 cogs. My welds suck but I kinda just tacked it all together to see how i like it and how it all lines up.

11840434425_f5693d8a3c_c.jpg
11840724483_7209ac794e_c.jpg

11840719133_17bc4530e4_c.jpg
Where did you get the hub and what is it called? Do they have more gears as well? Roughly how much was it? I am having little to no luck finding multiple gears for tricycles. I may be google deficient some times... lol. Mostly though AWESOME bike!

Back