MONSTER HIGGINS REBUILD.NEW PICS!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like my build off bike monster higgins but it just doesnt seem to have that POP so i experimented with these tripple tree forks should i or not :?: here is a before pic and a pic with the forks that seem to raise the front end too high :? so the last pic is where i think i will cut the forks to fit and i can probably still put the double headlights back on :wink:
51Higginsfinished024.jpg
001-22.jpg
002-24.jpg

Re: MONSTER HIGGINS REBUILD??? OPINIONS PLEASE LOOK

The triple tree forks really give it that motorcycle look & I agree unshortened raise the front of the frame too high. I like the way you have it in the last pic. Kind of has that flat track motorcycle look to me! 8)

I agree shortened is the way to go unless you wanted to rake the frame.

outskirtscustoms said:

Raking the frame would be very cool, I agree, but quite a bit more work! If you can weld, it really wouldn't be that hard.

pick said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Raking the frame would be very cool, I agree, but quite a bit more work! If you can weld, it really wouldn't be that hard.
Im not to that point in ability yet maybe one of these days 8) any way i cut everything down and pieced together a headset that works and i really like it :mrgreen: the down tubes are rusty i polished on them a little but i think i will paint them to match the bike :idea: sorry about the crappy basement photos
004-17.jpg
005-13.jpg

Great choice to improve an already cool ride!
Looking sharp buddy!

I'm liking what I see so far! Looks pretty mean! :mrgreen:

Re: MONSTER HIGGINS REBUILD??? OPINIONS

That looks great! 8)

Very nicely balanced and flows well. Are those OCC forks?

I think that Karfer67 did that years ago, think that he set the standard that has been copied alot, you might want to check out his "the Higgins" but still a nice looking ride

olschbp said:
I think that Karfer67 did that years ago, think that he set the standard that has been copied alot, you might want to check out his "the Higgins" but still a nice looking ride
WOW they are almost twins.I had not seen that bike before.I didnt really have an idea but someone gave me a jesse james bike with the forks and when i looked at that bike is when i got the idea

Back