"Most over done trend?"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i haven't read all the post but i have to say eight balls.. anyone sticking a eight ball on the shifterstick is just throwing money on a frame, just like skulls and flames..
To me rat rodding isn't a look.. its a state of mind and its pretty close to punk.. its using what you got and making it do and if it doesn't.. **** it! :D
Stripping a frame from fenders and such isn't really rat.. its just buying into the concept.. But well, thats just me..

TommyTwoTime said:
Hey Chainsaw they have a really nice orange and black tiger print helmet that you'd look great in. :shock:

Thanks Tommy! You know I'll be taking my pop bottle money and rushing to get one!

As long as I'm on .....
The trend that I think needs to change is that most bike shops feel you need to dump a ton of money in their stores to be a customer worthy of their attention. Not all LBSs are like this but to the ones who are .....if you dealers wanna stay in business, than pull your snobby noses out of your butts and treat every customer with respect!

Chainsaw said:
TommyTwoTime said:
Hey Chainsaw they have a really nice orange and black tiger print helmet that you'd look great in. :shock:

Thanks Tommy! You know I'll be taking my pop bottle money and rushing to get one!

As long as I'm on .....
The trend that I think needs to change is that most bike shops feel you need to dump a ton of money in their stores to be a customer worthy of their attention. Not all LBSs are like this but to the ones who are .....if you dealers wanna stay in business, than pull your snobby noses out of your butts and treat every customer with respect!

I got that a few times.....Then I'd ask if their computer was on line. Once you show them that YOUR bikes are on sites (plural) like this......You can here the "POP", as their nose comes out of their butt. :roll:

K-dregg said:
i haven't read all the post but i have to say eight balls.. anyone sticking a eight ball on the shifterstick is just throwing money on a frame, just like skulls and flames..
To me ratrodding isn't a look.. its a state of mind and its pretty close to punk.. its using what you got and making it do and if it doesn't.. F***k it!
Stripping a frame from fenders and such isn't really rat.. its just buying into the concept.. But well, thats just me..

Nothing wrong with 8balls, skulls or flames. It's whether they are true custom pieces or store bought junk! Nothing cheapens any bike, car or motorcycle more than a chromed doo-dad from Auto Zone(or one of it's comeptitors)! On any custom, you have to make it your own! If you're a dimestore cowboy than you're gonna ride dimestore steed.
Those who can do, Those who can't .... buy it!

I'm also tired of the trend of playing hardcore biker on a pedal bike! Real ...... bikers ride real motorcycles not pedal bikes! Build the baddest bike you can but leave the FTW attitude to the guys who live and breathe what they preach. This type of attitude cheapens our hobby and will eventually get you injured or killed for playing "biker".

KOTA said:
Chainsaw said:
As long as I'm on .....

I got that a few times.....Then I'd ask if their computer was on line. Once you show them that YOUR bikes are on sites (plural) like this......You can here the "POP", as their nose comes out of their butt. :roll:

Yeah Kota, it's kind of fun when that happens! It's a little tougher with FreakBikes because they are a little more custom than most RRBs. The dealers see more hand fabbed/custom stuff on our bikes, but we still need to buy plenty of their products when it comes down to tires,rims and such. A lot of the bike shops in our area have started to at least listen to us. 2011 will definitely have a few "FreakBike Friendly" shops around the state of Michigan.

Irony: A group of rat-rod bike builders that are riding the over-done rat trend...discussing over-done trends within the trend. :lol:

x2 for flat black but ive been on flat black,red,grey since 95 what other colors out there can be had for 90 cents 8)

my colors are flat black and lime green

now for trends
flipped bars and faux rust

Exactly, REAL rust looks so much better.
PA270187.jpg

PA270192.jpg

PA270193.jpg

that is a BEAUTIFUL bike! and may i say, im glad to be the first to say flat black/red rims, as i almost painted my first bike in the manner, but i hated it from the start, so i went with gold/black rims and whitewalls.

Chainsaw said:
If you're a dimestore cowboy than you're gonna ride dimestore steed.

I love that! Don't usually put any thing in my signature....had to add that :mrgreen:

I think emulating a style cause you like it is cool! Starting that trend is even better. Let the creative juices flow 8)

Flat black and red still looks pretty good if there is attention to detail :D Make it your own! Make it tasteful!

This is sweet!

TommyTwoTime said:
She's lucky California jails have a overcrowding problem. Although (UPDATE) Looks like her lucks about to run out. Oh, Chainsaw does this mean i have to get rid of my chained wallet?

Chain drive wallets are cool too.......does it have a skip tooth chain?

Now I am still pretty new to the whole rat bike thing but gotta say for me ape hangers I HATE them on motor and pedal bikes hmmm flat black yeah can be over done flipped handle bars yep not my thing taking a perfectly good classic crusier and cutting it all up hate that makes me cringe every time though I do admit ya guys do some very top notch work I'm more for the original frame though. And the number one trend I don't like keeping a bike bone stock original I want it personal like no one elses. One thing I do miss seeing though on old bikes is chrome reall good old fashioned shiny chrome not that plastic s***

TommyTwoTime said:
Oh, Chainsaw does this mean i have to get rid of my chained wallet?

Tommy, I truely belive that those chain wallets were designed so that when the chick falls off, she can't take your wallet with her! 8) The down side of it is she can use it to hold onto and pull or crawl herself back up onto the bike. :?

I also think the King/Queen seat was designed by a biker chick that got tired of falling off. :wink:

SimpleMan, the sig looks good! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back