Motorized Boardtrack racer.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The John Deere bike. I don't know what it started out as. The plan is to turn this into a motorized Boardtrack racer style bike. Here's what I started with, and then some mock up with the parts I plan on using. The handle bars are off my JC Higgins, I don't know if I like them upside down, or rightside up.
100_0141.jpg

100_0150.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_0153.jpg

Check out this crazy sprocket, I won't be using it.
100_0154.jpg

Cool build so far 8) If you plan on using one of the chinese 2 strokes be prepared for bolts always coming loose. I would suggest putting rubber in between the frame and motor mounts to help with vibration. It's a cool frame, I don't want to see it get ruined by a rattling engine.

necessaryevil said:
Cool build so far 8) If you plan on using one of the chinese 2 strokes be prepared for bolts always coming loose.
Maybe a little Lock-Tite? :idea:

Lock tite won't do it. These things vibrate so much it rattles the toughest bolts loose. I've seen these motors snap frames at the motor mounts, the vibration just sheers the frame like butter.

I'm not using the Chinese motor, I have something else, but it's a secret, at least until I figure out if it will work.

Big Fat Whitewalls said:
I'm not using the Chinese motor, I have something else, but it's a secret, at least until I figure out if it will work.

If you have questions, you may find answers here:
http://motorbicycling.com/

Seems to be a wealth of experts on this form of cycle madness there

necessaryevil said:
Lock tite won't do it. These things vibrate so much it rattles the toughest bolts loose. I've seen these motors snap frames at the motor mounts, the vibration just sheers the frame like butter.
I pushed a 5/8th deep well socket in before the seat post when i saw mine starting to crack

Latest posts

Back