Murray Boardtrack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, haven't posted much in a while. I ditched the fenders, decided they didn't fit with the new look. :roll:

28tdwef.jpg

6hm4gz.jpg

5metu9.jpg

So here's what I've been up to! My very friendly neighbor brought over a real rusty 28" CCM that had these wheels... the maroon house paint flakes off with a wire brush to leave nice brown rust, and the rims are 36 hole. I'll be relacing them with different hubs, and clearing all the paint off, soon... This project is finally nearing completion. Ironically, i rode it very little this fall, as I had anticipated... looking forward to some good riding next spring.

What works out nice is that the color of the rims almost makes them look like wood at a distance in good daylight...

Almost done with this one.

Should have the spokes necessary to rebuilding my wheels very soon, and beyond that is just acquiring a few parts. I decided I could use some chain tensioners (the rear wheel slipped on me the other day, and that was not in the least bit pleasant :shock:) and unfortunately one of my grips broke- the bike tipped and it just shattered. So I guess I'm needing some grips now too. I have been spending a lot of time online searching for tires, and I think I've finally found a set I like. Expensive for a set, but I think they will really make the bike... likely to be going with some Schwalbe sliks. 8) I think they'd really make the bike and add to the early racer feel.

bev4f6.jpg

Well, my wheels are built and this is build is nearing an end. I'll be buying some different grips and chain tensioners soon, as well as either some Schwalbe or Electra tires. Can't decide whether to go with 700x40 or 35c and whether cream or black is better. Might also try to clear coat all the rusty parts, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Here they are. :wink: Although, I think this bicycle's days are numbered... it might be going up for sale... I'm not entirely sure yet. I've got my eye on something much cooler and this might have to go to support the new purchase. if you might be interested in the whole thing, or parts, pm me. I have some matching and appropriately rusty original rain gutter fenders (not those pictured before- wider, deeper, and original matches to the 700C wheels) as well as a different stem coming, and aged spoke heads for the rear wheel (the rear has new ones, the front has aged ones- both wheels were rebuilt using patina'd nos spokes).

n3uni0.jpg

e8q4ac.jpg

33pa34m.jpg

vvypk.jpg

20iapw4.jpg

vybaqb.jpg

nice! i think itd be a nice show piece, like an art gallery sort of thing.

you should find grips for it, and put it in the nearest art gallery. :wink:

stretch said:
you should find grips for it, and put it in the nearest art gallery. :wink:

Half considering it. :wink:

That being said, I've got a pair of grips, wider tires, (it's going to be a TIGHT fit), chain/wheel tensioners, another stem, and aged spoke heads for the rear wheel all coming within the next few days. The other deal feel through, so it looks like this one is here to stay.

Hammond Eggz said:
Pics, Chris, pics!

Speaking of which... Do you have any pictures of the black Columbia double lighted & visored tanker I sold you, at it's new home? I'd love to see some pictures of it rolling around SoCal. :wink:

Back