my '55

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this has been my baby for 2 years now. i originally bought it scrapped in some guys backyard with a ton of cancerous rust all over the bike. but i cleaned it up and added a little spark of my own and shes been going strong ever since.

biker.jpg

img00568f.jpg

i originally had 22" apes on it but i swapped em for some original schwinn bars off a '54 and am loving how low it feels. especially when i hit them turns :wink:

wow classic :shock:
looks like there could be a spiderman them going on with the tank, or even better VENOM :mrgreen:

dragsterIII said:
wow classic :shock:
looks like there could be a spiderman them going on with the tank, or even better VENOM :mrgreen:

haha! definitely more of a venom fan.

im actually looking into getting an original corvette tank, then wrapping it with a webbing so it has shape

the only downfall to the bike is that the linking that attaches to the rear hub fell off. so i have a 3 speed hub thats only running on 1 gear.

thats funny, well I always liked single speed bikes anyway :p

the tank idea sounds cool, maybe you could paint the venom symbol on the front for the headbadge :D

dragsterIII said:
thats funny, well I always liked single speed bikes anyway :p

the tank idea sounds cool, maybe you could paint the venom symbol on the front for the headbadge :D

lol. maybe ill make a mechanism that can shoot out webs...

bikeriderx said:
That looks sick man! Do you know what model S.A. hub it is?

and im not too sure. havent really looked at it nor do i know much on a general basis of hubs.

If it's a Sturmey Archer hub, it should have a model and month/date code on the body of the hub. Something like: AW 11/79
Which would be a model AW made around November of 1979...

Back