My Boney Finger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks....that is a mod I will defiitely consider! In other news, yesterday we took my buddy's Electra Rat Fink and put a whitewall Fatti-O out back, and a skinnier no name knobby whitewall up front....it looks pretty sweet! I'll get some pic of them together soon!

I love the Electra stretch choppers and want to get a Rat Fink or Ghostrider in the spring - if any shops around here have them in stock. I'm 6'3" and don't want to put down $600 without seeing if I can fit on it first =P

Believe me, it'll fit you. I'm 6'1" and it feels like a ginormous bike....partially because of the length, and partially because he has the seat as low As it will go. We both agree that it's a bit uncomfortable that way, but it looks so darn cool. 8)

If the seat is raised up enough to keep you from constanly bending your knees (like I have done on my Boney) it's very comfortable. When it comes down to it, the Ghost Rider is cool, but the Rat Fink exudes sex appeal. :mrgreen:

I'm almost jealous....ALMOST....

I'm with Barnes. It will fit you. I'm actually 6' 4" and I fit on the Rockabilly no problem. The Ghostrider and Rat Fink frames have even more stretch than the others so it will give you even more room in the cockpit. I like the extra stretched frames on the Ghost and Rat but I HAD to have a bike with a flat paint finish. No fancy-pants gloss paint or flames for me. :wink: I like em dry lake racer style-- that's why my other bike is brown primer too 8) .

Regards,

Two Spot

Cool beans, thanks for letting me know. I'll probably wait until the '09s come out and get one with my tax refund check =P

I do have have the seat up some what high to make it comfy. I can't dispute that it might look a bit better with the seat lower but for me, comfort is key. Besides, I think that I would look pretty dorky riding if I was eating my own knees while pedaling. This pic gives you a bit of an idea of how far up the seat post has to be for me. With the seat in this position I can still put my feet flat on the ground at a stop.

IMG_3368.jpg

Regards,

Two Spot

I don't have my seat quite that high, but probably 2/3 as high....I agree, for me, it's about being comfortable and not constantly bending my knees. As far as my buddy's Rat Fink goes, he'd rather be slightly unfomfortable and look cool. :roll: It looks EXTREMELY cool though.

On mine, besides the comfort of a realistic seat height, I have room for my taillight and a bike lock bracket on the seat post, which is nice.

ooh, a black sparkle bananna seat on a Ghostrider would help with the seatpost issue (if a sissybar would fit in that frame) =P

A few more updated pics....about 6 weeks ago I got these sweet Rat Fink valve caps, and finally got around to taking a pic. I gave the bike's stock skull valve caps to a friend to put on his Electra Rat Fink, of all things. Here they are:
Bike19.jpg

I also finally got it registered in Arizona....Now I'm street legal! :p

Bikeplate.jpg

Closeup:

Bikeplate2.jpg

I sell them on eBay, but I don't know the rules about advertising here, so I won't. I will say this though....some guys sell 'em for 25 bucks a pair! I do not.

BarnesTO said:
I sell them on eBay, but I don't know the rules about advertising here, so I won't. I will say this though....some guys sell 'em for 25 bucks a pair! I do not.
I think the rules about advertising are pretty loose 'round here. I've seen many a postings on here that guys were selling stuff with links to their ebay pages and stuff... So I think you should feel free to post 'em, that way we can buy them from you. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I learned today that I will not be able to get more caps until three weeks from now. I'll let interested parites know when I have more though!

My retro speedometer and maltese cross mirror came yesterday and I put them on last night....I was looking forward to trying them out today, but it's pouring....in AZ! I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be back till Sunday....I don't have the patience for this.... :|

Well, I've since taken the mirror back off because I don't like the cheesy bracket that holds it on. It may go back on, it may not. The speedometer is a keeper though!

Looks like it came with the bike, I think....

DSCF1445.jpg

The spinner thing that goes between the spokes....

DSCF1444.jpg

Close up of the handlebar bracket

DSCF1446.jpg

Close up of the speedometer face. It's got a resettable odometer which I think is the coolest feature. It feels good to know I rode four or five miles and had fun doing it, you know? Coincidentally, the face has green and orange accents, which match the bike perfectly!

DSCF1443.jpg

The Electras are great bikes. I bought a 05 Ratrod from a friend and really enjoy riding it.I will be putting a triple tree fork on it over the winter. Heres a few pictures of it and what i've done to it so far.
When I first got it.
004-20.jpg

002-17.jpg

After installing my shops decals.
003-24.jpg

004-22.jpg

Ratfink valvecaps and bell.
002-24.jpg

001-22.jpg

018-8.jpg

And finally a very comfortable Brooks seat.
017-9.jpg

016-12.jpg

014-14.jpg

Nice bike, Rick! Looks like we have the same bars, bell, and valve caps. My neighbor's wife has the Betty, which is a girl's version of yours. Gloss black with pink pinstiped flames and pink wheels.

Back