My Brat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not rat, brat! Got this one early August for 10 bucks. Work on it all the time, and it's paid off. No true custom work, but a lot of hard work!

Before:
Right when I got it
DSC04674.jpg

During
DSC04940.jpg

As of now:
DSC07992.jpg

DSC08008.jpg

DSC08009.jpg

DSC08031.jpg

DSC08030.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: PSHT>Radio sound>PSHT>We have a 1028 in Progress: Posting without an Intro>PSHT>Requesting Backup>Over>PSHT :wink: :mrgreen:

The chain came off an old skater wallet. Just for baddness, scary? and of course cool. :mrgreen:

you can do alot with those bikes, theyre good when you dont have access to alot of good bikes being that they are cheap and come with decent parts to begin with
check out what i did with mine in this thread
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3800&sid=f99d4d2ecc806f63d24f90d4b7066874

i had to change the bolt in the springer cuz i bent it, apparently i dont weigh the same as a 10 year old girl
so i stuck a grade 8 in there and no more problems

Yeah it's kinda annoying that I got one, it requires barely any real custom work, but I still like it and so does everyone else wen they see me going down the road. I'm gonna show it off on Halloween with a sick display I've been thinkin of, pics to come!

Yours looks good too by the way!

3 more I took tonight. I got it 99% all clean and ready, for Wednesday aka Halloween. :shock:

DSC09178.jpg

DSC09197.jpg

DSC09192.jpg

Santa brought my 5yo. niece a purple ElGordo StingRay knockoff kinda just like yours w/100 spoke rims.

I cant wait 'til she outgrows it.

I WANT IT!

Wish my fenders had a shine like that! :!:

And, I used sandpaper (light) on every single bit of rust.

The trick to polishing is the smoother the surface the better the shine!!!! :D

When I do metal I will use sandpaper. Moving from corse to fine and than on to the polishing wheel and then again using compounds from corse to fine

for idems like chrome or other prefininsh metals then one should use 0000 steel whool or like I had said before the SOS pads....an emery cloth works well aswell . If you use sandpaper on a prefinish idem it will create scratches that will not come out and in turn giving you a limited shine.

an example of this would be this crank that I just finished....sorry I did not take a before pic. But to give you an idea it has been around since the 60s and was full on rust!

IMG_2174.jpg

here are some pics of my 1974 news paper delivery bike

IMG_1271.jpg

and the polishing work of the parts
IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

I have much yet to learn but I have a fun time with it....any questions feel free to ask

maybe I should do a thing in the tec section?

FW

here's the brat showin off on halloween. don't mess with it or i'll get you with the mower like that guy....

DSC09223.jpg

Latest posts

Back