My chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. i thought you might want to see my old school beast. it was built from a pile of parts when i was aprox 10 (i,m now 38 ) and i have put alot of miles on the "old girl" over the years. i,m getting ready to give it another re furbish, this time for my kids to ride. :D

Bernie

HPIM1492.jpg

Thats great man, I made my firrst set of chopper forks the same way!! I never welded them either, Made for some Knarly crashes.. and Dang they flexx haha I loved it.

Yeah man,that takes me back!

Thats about the way we did it in the '70's around here!

Lotta times,no bolts.Just shove the extenders over the forks...

MagicRat said:
Yeah man,that takes me back!

Thats about the way we did it in the '70's around here!

Lotta times,no bolts.Just shove the extenders over the forks...

me too..My dad used to Stack Ten Speed Forks 4 Long..
It made for a good Learning Curve in the
Rake / Trail department.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and Magicrat...your Signature is awesome!
I'd get it one piece at a time and it wouldn't cost me a dime...

Mr. Johnny Cash

It's a It's a 49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58 59 Automobile... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and when we went to put The Bolts in...all The Holes where gone! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Glad to see theres some Johnny Cash fans on here!

I was rockin' in the cradle to the songs of the Man In Black.

Ghetto fab...

Sweet...

Ya we used to just hack saw off a set of forks and then BASH them on another set of forks. If that didn't 'take' in a secure manner (LOL :roll: ) you could 'shim' them with chunks of metal/screws/nails until firm. ahhhhhhhhh but we lived through it.

No body had a household welder in those days...now a lot of people I know have them...maybe the world is getting to be a better place?

:mrgreen:

Back