My current project/ride....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, This is pretty much my first actual project bike in many years. It's still really basic.....but it's a start.

I picked up this West Coast Chopper bike off of Craigslist for $75...and was brand spankin' new when I got it. Right away I fell in love with how the bike rides.

I have mainly done work on the "tank".......I smoothed out the front welds.....and smothed out the front tank......then added the aluminum spun gas cap and threaded neck to the tank. I just finnished shooting a few coats of clear over the paint today...so I was anxious to take some pics.

I have future plans to powder coat the frame.....change the pedals.....add a speedometer and working lights also. I do have a couple vintage "Persons" seats that I'm going to try out on the bike hopefully tomorrow if time permitts.

So yeah, for now yeah, it's kinda just a plain ol' WCC bike.....but give me a bit of time and it'll change ;)

Enjoy the pics....

Brian

WCCbike006.jpg

WCCbike004.jpg

WCCbike003.jpg

WCCbike001.jpg

Thanks Kev....I'm a BIG fan of green..... and at first I wasn't sure if I liked this color.......but after it was laid down I LOVED it!

I started with a grey primer.......then a nice coat of heavy silver flake as a base.......then a few coats of this Testor's "Boyd's Lime Pearl" paint.....and 2-3 coats of clear.

I need to pick up some more clear.......then I'll shoot 2-3 more coats of clear ;)

Glad you like it man.... :mrgreen:

I think it would look SICK if you Painted The Rims the same
Green Flake Treatment as the Tank...

Threw some White Flaked Grips and a White Flaked Seat on it.

I'm not trying to Re-Design it...
but I love The 60's Stlye ...... look..

..it would take on The "Easy Rider"
Chopper look.

Kev.

Nice work brian, I got my eye on one right now, Im trying 2 get ahold of the kid who has it his house burnt down and i cant get ahold of him.. Gotta ask if i can have his bike... Hes got a car now so yeah

Hey Kev, I'm definately wanting to continue the green theme....... I'm really wanting to add a set of those Elektra "Rat Fink" black with green flame grips.....

As for the seat.....I'm gonna try to rock this vintage Person's "pan" type seat....it's old old, and would kinda add some vintage flavor...but I don't want it to look too crusty.

I'm also considering adding a 3" wide rear white wall slick......and a thin 1.75" white wall tire in the front.

I deginately think the wheels would look SICK if the rims were shot green.......but I'm not sure if I wanna go that far just yet. I'm eye balling a set of wheels right now....if I end up getting them they'd go on here for sure.....

THANKS a ton for the kudos guys........I welcome all comments...good or bad ;)

Hey Rick, if you can score that bike...go for it. As you can see in the pic I'm a hefty guy (but I'm working on dropping some weight right now) but this bike is built BEEFY....... for guys like me with too much.......!!!!!!

My wife Janet even wanted to ride the bike this evening.....this was her first time on it...

WCCbike007Janet.jpg

ha brian, i aint no skinny guy either im 250 Plus and im only 16 yeah i need to loose weight docs yelling at me.. As much as i ride bikes YOU Know i eat to much.. Yeah i was thinkin about partin the bike if i got it.. Now i wanna keep it i like what u did with urs, The 1 im supposed 2 get is red..

Rat Rod said:
Hey Brian,

I'm sure you already saw what Kenny did with his...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Now if we all had welders and skillz....ha ha! :roll:

WOW, I actually hadn't seen that just yet.....I'm still pretty green to the site....so THANKS for sharing that!!!

Rick, I'm clockin' in at 260 lbs right now....and I'm NOT very happy about it....so I've got a standing bet with a coworker that I'm going to drop at least 30 lbs. by September 1st...or I pay him $20.

What I wish I could find is some of the WCC bike accessories that used to be sold at Wal Mart....none of the Walmarts in my area have them left......

im likin the bike thats sweet continue with the green theme especially on the rims that'll be way trick, ive been eying a scwinn chopper at a local store just waiting to get enough scratch for it! :wink:

brokeassbuilder said:
im likin the bike thats sweet continue with the green theme especially on the rims that'll be way trick, ive been eying a scwinn chopper at a local store just waiting to get enough scratch for it! :wink:

One thing to keep in mind if you're considering riding one of the newer Schwinn Stingrays....they aren't very comfortable at all if you have long legs....or if you're a bit pudgy like me.

I bought one of the OCC Stingrays when they first came out....planned on keeping it as a collector's piece.....but I soon realized it sucked to ride......so I sold it. I've been wanting to buy another one to rob for parts :lol:

yeah i remember all the accessories at walfarts... I seen 1 today the guy wanted 65 bucks for it.. I said nah i getn myne for fre.. Im clocking in at 266.. yeah im a big boy. alot of muscle thow. yeah.

keeny p inspired

I've been look'n to gat a occ craigslist special to build a similar cruzer as kenny p's but $30 MAX is what I would spend :D

Re: keeny p inspired

fattuna said:
I've been look'n to gat a occ craigslist special to build a similar cruzer as kenny p's but $30 MAX is what I would spend :D

The OCC Stingrays in my area are usually in the $40-$60 range.....and usually a few pop up a week on Craigslist.

Hey guys, just wanted to take a moment to share a couple of new pics. I finally got my vintage "Persons" pan seat mounted on a custom seat post and installed.

I LOVE the look.....hopefully you guys will also :wink: I'd like to talk with Firewalker in a couple weeks about perhaps him stitching me a custom seat for this bike........I'm thinking black leather with a green pinstripe stitching......

WCCbikeseat002.jpg

WCCbikeseat001.jpg

Back