My first bike restoration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after alot of work and long hiatus, my first resto is ready to ride! There are a few more details I'd like take care of but for the most part I'm happy with it. I made a fill plate/center piece for the frame but haven't mounted it yet and have another set of pedals but can't get the old ones off. Oh well, I'm still really pleased with it!

Before:

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

After:

bike1-1.jpg

bike2-1.jpg

bike3.jpg

Comments both good or bad are welcomed!

Nice job...Looks good with the primer and red wheels. The rear fender standout being white....maybe either black or primer?

What tires are those? Size? I like the profile on them.

cman said:
... The rear fender standout being white....maybe either black or primer?...

i think if it had some black/red pinstripes (nothin major tho) on the fender the white would look mor like it fits in with the rest of the bike. it does kind of stand out at the moment. maybe with the frame insert in it wouldnt standout as much tho.

looks good as is and great job on bringin it back to life, i like the front fender on the rear :D

to get the pedals off, take an old wrench and grind it down to put it between the pedal and the crank and they should come right off
(and by grind it down i mean make the end flatter)

hope it helps
o yea
sweet bike!

I think you should put the tank and the rack back on...
Black tank
Black rack
Black rims
Primer frame
That would look sweet...

Thanks for the comments!
I wanted to put the rack back on but it somehow ended up in the dumpster. :( If I ever get around to it, I plan on making a new one. I still have the tank though I don't really like the look of it.
I intend to pinstripe the fender, chainguard and center panel (haven't gotten that far yet) as well as make a new rack. Here's a quick chop of it with the panel sans graphic work:

bike1-1-1.jpg

looks good!as for the fender..............id go heavy black stripes on it and the tank with a few red accents...itd even it out abit more(take for what its worth.......just my useless $.01)

Wow, i stared at this bike for quite awile and there's just something ...........hmmm," off " with the color scheme. You have black h-bars, fork, and chain guard. I suggest you paint the fender black and double pinstripe white over red on the fender and chain guard. (kind of a shadow effect) Other than that, i love the tire size and the red wheels.

Back