My first Rat Rod build (pic heavy)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first ratrod bike build. I think it turned out pretty good based on the walmart bike I started with. Now its something I can proudly ride around my neighborhood. I have a couple more things in store for it, but this is where it sit's right now. Let me know what you guys think! I apologize in advance for the picture quality. All I have is my iPhone for pictures right now.

Here's a picture of when I first got the bike home from the store. (Walmart)
1.jpg

I bought it planning to customize it, so within a few days I had it looking like this:
2.jpg

Then I bought some ape hangers, and covered some of the ugly yellow graphics with a black bandana:
3.jpg

I rode it like this for a while, but I knew I wanted to make it better still…. This is what happened next:

Taking it all apart..
4.jpg

I had parts everywhere..
5.jpg

I used aircraft remover to get all the paint off.. It just makes the paint bubble and fall off.
6.jpg

The frame before..
7.jpg

During…
8.jpg

It took a couple days to get all the paint off because I was only working on it in my free time..
9.jpg

Frame is stripped and ready for paint!
10.jpg

Primer black and two coats of Flat black spray paint.
11.jpg

I taped lace material over the blue fenders and spray painted metallic black over the lace. I think it turned out pretty cool. I used the same process on the top tube of the frame.
12.jpg

Putting it all back together.. The tape is to protect the paint from the chain.
13.jpg

Here's a close up of the top tube.
14.jpg

It's all back together!
15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Back