My first vintage Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I scored this off a buddy a couple weeks ago. He told me it's a 57. I have already ordererd new brown tires and I installed my leather saddle on it today (pic's pending) I have a vintage paper carrier rack and a beehive springer that need paint then I'll install. This will be my beach cruiser this summer.First trip is next weekend.
57 Schwinn first day.jpg

A '57...that has to be one of the last straight bar frames with the single lower bar. A standard straight bar tank should fit that frame. Nice older deluxe guard too. Gary

Congrats ! Cant go wrong with a Schwinn !

~RafaeL~

Looks great just like it is. Those Worksman wheels and Wald sprocket look brand new. Was the previous owner sure it was 57? The serial number on the left dropout will tell the year in most cases.

Yes, in 57 there were some serials that also matched up with a couple other years. Along with the serial number, there may be a date stamp (2 digits) on the center portion of the cranks. And the features of the bike may help date it.

http://schwinncruisers.com/serial-number.html

Back