My Frist Try

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really sure what you'd call this one, maybe a Cafe' cruiser or just an ole' touring bike. I came across these three bikes at an estate sale last week. It was the last day of the sale and everything was half off. I bought all three for $13.50 without even really thinking what to do with them. I really just needed some fenders for my commuter.
2442521047_2c00163265.jpg

All three are Sears bikes. A matching pair (mens and womens) of Shimano 3spd and a 5 spd derailleur. The womens was ridable with just some air! My plan is to hook up the 3spd rear to the green bike with the cool stem shifter
2442521201_e54736e0d7.jpg
find the nicest set of h-bars and flip 'em and throw on some bobbed fenders and the rear rack. I am going to try and rig up a front wheel hub to the rack so I can transport my daughter's bike, piggyback style, to and from summer camp for her. This way I can take two bikes to a locale and split up into two singles. Haven't decided if the bike on the back will be her new Trek or another of these.
2443349302_183ccf7406.jpg

So far, all I've done was a little clean up on one chrome fender to see if it'll clean up. I used some 00 steel wool.
Before
2442521787_27659e3153.jpg

And After
2442522237_74e8ba540e.jpg

Overall, just clean the chrome and make it run for now. I kinda like the green paint, but that may change. I just found a full can of flat black gas grill paint in the closet... think the universe is telling me something?

ps the chain guard on the green bike says Columbia but the headbadge says Sears. Plus, if you look closely, the guard doesn't fit right. I may mod or just remove.

Adam

Back