My hands are killing me

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for Target and they asked me the other day, "you work on bikes, right?" I said yes, and they said they were behind getting bikes put together and out on the floor. So I ended up putting together 41 bikes in 3 1/2 days. Can you say "carpal tunnel syndrome"? :oops:
We've been getting a ton returned lately because they were "broken" (not set up right). So I got them all assembled and adjusted correctly. Loosened up tight bottom brackets, headsets and hubs, brakes work the way they're supposed to. Pretty pleased with what I got done. I even fixed the ones on the floor I didn't put together. We have a new Schwinn ladies single speed cruiser in yellow that is pretty nice looking.
Thankfully I'm caught up and only have to wrench on a couple a week for a while.

You saved your employer hundreds of dollars with your skills. Tell your employer I said they should give you a free bike and a paid day off for your efforts :!: Gary

Years ago; in a distant past I worked for Huffy as a "tech," and assembled bikes, grills, and lawn mowers. All was well until one day a guy shows up to do a "time study," and a month later I recieve a check for 40 hours instead of 40 BIKES built. I was paid $15.00 a bike, $10.00 per grill, and the mowers were all different.
They cutt my pay in less than half with no warning, so I quit with no warning!~Point here is establish with your employer what the pay rate will be for this TECHNICAL job, because you get many/any returns and they will release you from duties. Returns usually meant the bike was the wrong color, style, or brand, the assembly and tune were fine before someone kicked the rim in!!!
Glad your Target is willing to allow a knowledgable bike guy assemble bicycles!!!!

Years ago; in a distant past I worked for Huffy as a "tech," and assembled bikes, grills, and lawn mowers. All was well until one day a guy shows up to do a "time study," and a month later I recieve a check for 40 hours instead of 40 BIKES built. I was paid $15.00 a bike, $10.00 per grill, and the mowers were all different.
They cutt my pay in less than half with no warning, so I quit with no warning!~Point here is establish with your employer what the pay rate will be for this TECHNICAL job, because you get many/any returns and they will release you from duties. Returns usually meant the bike was the wrong color, style, or brand, the assembly and tune were fine before someone kicked the rim in!!!
Glad your Target is willing to allow a knowledgable bike guy assemble bicycles!!!!

Back