my new rat!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you where expecting a car.
well sorry to disapoint, maybe i can make it up to ya.
So for the record, it pays to be a nice guy.
Some of you may remember the boat we nearly sank during the build off.

IMG_0284-1.jpg

it my bud's 1968 mandella race boat. i logged a tonne of free hours into this boat.
fiberglass repair,interior work, cutting out the old built in gas tanks etc etc.
i put to use those skills one picks up from hanging out on rrb.
i never expected anything in return. (excluding the beer) so i was sum surprized when this beast showed up in the driveway.
IMG_0906-1.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0911-1.jpg

bassett water cooled headers.
IMG_0919.jpg

its a 1970's mandella ski boat powered by a ford motor. and its mine! totally free of charge.
somebody needed to make room in his garage, so he gave me his second boat. (i might add both were in similar condition when we started.)

now if ya don't know already, boat stands "for break out another thousand"
i don't have tonnes of money to throw at this thing so i'm gonna leave it ratty.
the plan is, overhaul the motor, alittle fiberglass patch work, give it an interior and use it to practice my pinstriping.

a pirate flag on the bow and i'll dung her in the drink. i guess this is my new winter project.

we got any ford guys in the crowd?
the block has a 78 and 352 cast in it. intake casting is c6ae 9425-6 with a big letter s
is it a 351/

thx

As a matter of fact, I'm a Ford nut among other habits. I've got a 428 in my '68 Mustang.
What you have there is an "FE" big block. It could be any number of displacements from 352, 390, 406, 410, 427 to 428. The most common in a passenger car is 390. The C6AE intake is a fairly common 390 4V intake, cast iron and weighs a ton. The 352 on the block is generic to all FE motors.

FE motors were very common in the '60s in marine applications, you have a great vintage boat, the headers are awesome.

Paul

mikesbikes36 said:
that boat aint 4 fishin man ...drinkin yes ..going really stupid fast ...yes ...mayb even some seriuos ski'n ....LOL
Yeah but if you tell the wife that she won't let you go, fishing sounds more responsible.....lol

mikesbikes36 said:
ahhh ha ..glad i aint married ...i just tell my ol lady what im doin, and she just has 2 deal with it ..lucky her!!!!

Now that sounds familier. :) my conversation went a little something like this.

"what the heck is that thing in the diveway?
"that''s my new boat and you love it!"
got myself a quick role of the eyes, and off she went into the house.

the neighbour was so impressed he said "you gotta get na to hang out with my wife
she would have blown a gaskett if it were n my driveway"

Thx paul

the guy that gave me the boat said he was told it was a 390 but he wasn't sure.

:lol: :lol: break out another thousand...... :lol: :lol:
my old man tells me "a boat is just a hole in the water you dump your money into" :wink:

that thing's gonna make a great pirate runner!! good luck!

Yeah my girlfriend has more junk than I do.....that's why I love her. Well that and.................Nevermind.

Back