My next project-Locomotive Breath!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My next project

Bigcam59 said:
As for the tubes...soon...
:wink: Think I have it worked out, cool idea, if it is what im thinking! Should be very impressive when in use... 8)

Luke.

I made a big step forward today and hooked up the drivetrain. I didn't think the chainrings I planned on using would work so I spent a couple of hours in my freezing garage, mixing and matching, only to find that the best ones were the ones I planned on all along. :roll: Then I remembered seeing a "floating" chainring on another build and gave that a go, since all my spare chainrings were all over the garage floor anyway...
px22.jpg

Guess what? It works! It'll look pretty good once it's cleaned up too!
once I add a half link to the chain we'll be almost done!
As for the headlight, I'll check it out when it's dark 8)

Headlight update- The green plazma light will keep you from stubbing your toe on your toolbox in the dark, but I wouldn't depend on it to find a pothole before your front wheel did. :D

I hooked everything up and rolled it out into the light. I had to try it out but got no further than half a pedal stroke when the bikes skidded to a stop! Seems I'd forgotten to tighten up the back wheel! :oops: I also found out that the floating middle chainring becomes a projectile when you hit a pothole! But once I had the wheel tightened and the chainring removed (Well, it removed itself to tell the truth) It was time for a couple of pictures, the first ride, and video...
px23.jpg

px24.jpg

click for the video...

It works! Eureka!
I'll have more video, including one showing what the tubes on the fork are soon. 8)

It works!

I think that picture of the floating chain ring you mentioned, the chain ring was under pressure to stay there because it was before and after a smaller sprocket...
Was this the one you were thinking of?
PICT0542.jpg

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
It works!

I think that picture of the floating chain ring you mentioned, the chain ring was under pressure to stay there because it was before and after a smaller sprocket...
Was this the one you were thinking of?
PICT0542.jpg

Luke.
The one I saw was a 2 wheeler, but I gotta tell you...that's one outrageous looking trike!

Bigcam59 said:
The one I saw was a 2 wheeler, but I gotta tell you...that's one outrageous looking trike!
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=37964&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=chouineuse Built on here, mid 2011...

First bike I found on here, it was actually a google search looking for unusual trikes that led me to RRB in the first place... :D Not so much into trikes anymore but glad I found RRB! :mrgreen:

Luke.

I'm sure i'll have "locomotive breath" trying to climb a hill on this beast. As long as the brake works i won't be "rushing headlong to my death" going downhill! :D

not to mention greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes, at least during the build. 8)

Back