My ole man BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so we took a 26" frame and stuck some 24" rims with a 24x2.6 High Roller in the front and a 24x3 big ole knobby Kenda in the rear. Workin the ration our right now to make it a lil easier to get goin and takin on hills, currently runnin a 46 with a 17 freewheel. Currently NO BRAKES, rear has brazed cantelever mounts unfortunately not usable due to rims sizeand the front is a rigid 26" BMX fork. If anyone has any suggestions as to brakes I sure would love to hear or see what's been done.
bmxfront.jpg
frontfork.jpg
reartriangle.jpg

Cut your canti mounts off .All your gonna have to do is cut the brake bridge thats already on the rear and reweld it where it will work with a post brake and your done!The front is another project in itself.The only thing I could think of is take the canti mounts and reweld them on the forks.But thats gonna take alot more skill as they have to be very straight and even so it will line your pads on the hoop straight and flat.But for the rear I think that will be the easiest for you.And swap your tires around.youll want that big knobbie in the front and the lower tread in the rear.

Back