My rusty rat rod cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here my Rat Rod Cruiser, "boardtracker" frame, rust conserved wit linseed oil, a fork from a 50s motorbike, wheels and fenders from an old swedish military Kronan.

7094303139_e2b22c555e_c.jpg

6948233020_644c6fbdc5_c.jpg

6948230734_27ce32488e_c.jpg

AMAZING!!! This bike is on my top 10, I´m really digging that patina/paint combo.
So... don´t touch it, is perfect as it is, just ride 8)

Thank you guys for the nice comments. I just can say that I was inspired by the Rat Rod forum a lot!

Buck Masterson said:
That is AWESOME! I'm not always a fan of the all rust look but on this build it's perfect! Did you clear coat it at all?

Great you like my build!

I coated the rusty surface only with cooked linseed oil. After a while the oil hardens completely and protects the surface. This method is also used to keep the patina of oldtimers, old machines, fences, weapons... in 18th and 19th century it was the basis of any paint. I think on rust it works and looks better than normal clear coat. The bike was mostly outside for one year now, in wet condition, and I could not see any changes on the surface. But the frame is made from quite thick consruction steel, so I don't worry much about it anyway.

Gdcast said:
I may seem repetitive but...

I love this bike!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks man, can't hear it often enough :)

...I checked your website, there is some AWESOME builds! I really like the "rat deco".

Latest posts

Back