My Schwinn Rat and the Skyrider Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Well, spring is in the air, and I decided to go pull a couple of of my favorite toys from the shed;

Here is my Schwinn, I've had this bike since like '85. It's been through several transformations, I used to ride this everyday year round to get to class. It's setup kinda BMX'y since that's where I came from, and this stuff is tough.

P3270091.jpg

Next up...is a special one in the pack. This bike was the focus of mine and my Grandfathers last projects. Back in 83', mere days before he passed away, we went down to Kmart and bought some new pedals (still in use) and some tires for this bike. We spent the afternoon installing the new components, and took turns riding the bike up and down the alleyway.

P3270092.jpg

So it's been my bike ever since and will be passed on to my son. I ride this occasionally, I have the fenders and stock rims for it, but they're put away. I don't have the seat anymore though. I have it set up for some serious speed and handling.

Back