my sears cruiser check out the photos !!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy a bike shop 15 minutes away by interstate said next time he went up to the attic of his bike shop he has vintage sears cruiser bicycle well i went there yesturday to get second opinion about a 20 inch coaster wheel i have that somebody told wouldent be usable anymore it was not so i asked if they had a used coaster wheel the guy wasent sure i cant remember what his exxact words were but he basically said he would have jim check in the attic to see if there was a used 20inch coaster i got a call later that day it was i think sometime around like 4:50 none of us botherd to answer the phone my dad checked the answer machine it was the bike shop no tire but he got the bike down they close at 6:00 so i did not bother to go get the bike because i wanted to be at the talent show at my church i like to be early i think it started at either 6:30 or 7:00 i did not stay for the whole thing i will post photos of the bike once i go get it on wensday thats when my dad starts his days off he has off three days a week wensday thursday and friday :D

Re: im getting a free vintage sears cruiser from a bike shop !!

I hope it comes thru for you ...Will look back for some pic's...!

I have terrible, terrible luck. If I were in your position the bike would disappear before Wednesday. I have terrible luck.

Maybe you should get down there ASAP (unless you're luckier than I)? You seem like a good soul and I hope you get it.

Speed2XS said:
I have terrible, terrible luck. If I were in your position the bike would disappear before Wednesday. I have terrible luck.

Maybe you should get down there ASAP (unless you're luckier than I)? You seem like a good soul and I hope you get it.

I agree......When you snooze ....you looze...."Sometimes..." Sometimes people will go back on their word... Hopefully in this case you are dealing with a Honorable Man. :wink: The moral to the story is get while the getting is good ! :D

Re: my sears cruiser was used as paper boy bike !!

howdy heres my sears bike the tires say 26.1 will a 26.175 fit on this rim it was used as a paperboy bike by the rose bicycle owners son
sears121.jpg
sears122.jpg
sears123.jpg
sears126.jpg
sears125.jpg
sears124.jpg
sears129.jpg
sears128.jpg
sears126.jpg
sears129.jpg
sears130.jpg
sears131.jpg

so what do you think about it

Must have needed the extra support when loaded up with all those newspapers.

I say clean up the bike, re-install the rear fender and find yourself some old newspapers to put in the carrier.

Hi Micah,

Congratulations a great find. That is a Columbia made (as indicated by the chainring, rear triangle, fork crown and rear dropouts) Sears bicycle, those same frames were badges as JC Higgins in earlier years. This bike was built between 1965 and 1970 I would have to say; probably much clsoer to '65. The wheels are both incorrect I believe, if you want to run 26x1.75 tires you may want to find an original, period correct angled side rim set with a Komet coaster brake hub. I love the color and the potential!

im going to use the white walls and rims from my 60s columbia the front wheel is not oringinal it is rusty though the old one was stripped and i use the back red rim on my columbia and i painted my 20inch mongoose rim red to match the back one and i added a all white tire on the back red rim and im going to put one on the mongoose tire waiting to see how it comes out when i was painting it. it got some snow on it so it will probably need some touch ups and get a little brush and go over the spokes with silver paint as i got some red on the spokes :D i also want to add a antique plywood tank and do a colllege on it with sailor jerry tattoo flash antiqued and i have a busted belt buckle i got see how it looks on the front if i like looks of it im going to have it welded to the head tube :D

Nice score. That's the first time I've ever seen the dual kickstand papaerboy setup and I had a route! What's cooler than tricks of the trade?

Back