My Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi.

So I'm new to the Rat Rod World and I love it.
I am finding that alot of my interest are in trikes, so I have bought four in the last three weeks.
I can not seem to find information on the trike I have deceided to redo first and I'm looking for some help.
All I know for sure at this point is that it is a Miami Sun. The lady I bought it from dates it to maybe the 60's or 70's, is that possible? Does anyone have any idea where I can get some info :?:

Cheers!

sorry i didnt make it more clear.. or clear-er. :)

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5742.jpg

so can any one tell me anything about it?
i'm also open to all ideas for finishing
currently i just have it broken down and preping for paint
i would like to customize a bit and any pics or sugestions would be great

Do a "SEARCH" for trikes...........You'll get plenty. :wink:

hate to sound stupid but where?
google doesn't give me much and certainly not on the older stuff
and i have searched around here but i only find a few pics

That looks like a fun project. What's with that seat? It looks like one of the giant mushrooms that grow unmolested in the state park by my house. :)
Welcome. You've come to the right place for ideas to turn that trike into a piece of art.

Well you could always give it the Rat treatment, flat black frame, shiny red wheels with fat whitewalls.

Not sure what size rear tires are on there now, but it would look a lot cooler with some big fatties mounted out back, maybe a seat upgrade too, springer front, lose the basket and install an old metal beer cooler. Check this one out... http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20159

Or... Just browse the gallery and adapt the best parts to your trike... cant go wrong. Have fun with it!!

Same headbadge as my trike, I will empty the contents of the box and take photos. It doesn't hurt that I have assembly instructions.

the same trike can be purchased today.
http://websterbicycle.com/product/miami ... ke-906.htm
according to the ad, their trikes have come along way over the last 34 years.
(i'm assuming thats the age of the company)

that would date .your trike from 1976 at the latest.

edit* the sun company was founded in 1972, so the answer to your question is no, it can't be from the 60's. :lol:

Back