My two New Finds. :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got back from picking up this two bikes from two different people.
First is a orange Schwinn Breeze. It needs some work, the front axle was snapped in half, it needs new cables and a handlegrip, and it's back rim is splitting. Nothing too bad. :)
DSCF5028.jpg

DSCF5032.jpg

DSCF5033.jpg

Second one is a 69' Raleigh Sports. Gotta say I love this bike.
DSCF5030.jpg

DSCF5021.jpg

DSCF5019.jpg

DSCF5022.jpg

DSCF5023.jpg

DSCF5024.jpg

DSCF5026.jpg

That Raleigh exudes CLASS! Nice find and the 'Orange' is Coppertone, to a lot of us here(and out there too :roll: ) the most desirable 70s schwinn color! I have one that I'd never part with. Something about the Coppertone! Enjoy your bikes!

heyslugger said:
That Raleigh exudes CLASS! Nice find and the 'Orange' is Coppertone, to a lot of us here(and out there too :roll: ) the most desirable 70s schwinn color! I have one that I'd never part with. Something about the Coppertone! Enjoy your bikes!
I know about the coppertone coloring. In person the bike just looks more orange than coppertone. lol

ckdesigns69 said:
Those Raleigh Sports are highly collectable and sought after! I love that bike too! Nice finds. I love the rack and color. Very cool!! :D
And I only paid $50 for it. :)

So the Breeze needs, among other things, a whole new front axle. How much do those cost? I cannot seem to find anything online so far.

Just take the axel from another bike/wheel or go to a bike recycle co op and look there, youll find anything at those places. I used to have a raleigh space rider that looked like this bike, not sure why they had diffornt names when the bike itself was the same bike but diffornt colors lol Raleighs are lovely bicycles though, I should know, I have many and ride them all the time. I <3 3 speeds and sturmey archer!! lol That very old Raleigh 3 speed i have still rides like a champ, they where built to work hard and never let you down, well up till late 70's anyway, nice bike, enjoy it! deck that shiz out with mirrors, a bell or more then one. But of course the most important thing, it's not a shame to relace that front wheel or replace it with the same one with a dyno hub in it, Heres a picture. Thats also the lighting it takes, frictionless generating, my fav! lol

100_2684.jpg

Back