my valentines day gift

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this year i got the ultimate valentine, something i needed so bad i couldnt live without it. i had quadruple bypass surgery on my heart. for those of you that know me a little better, yes, im 42 years old. you can imagine my surprise when they told me i had a heart attack! i couldnt have been more surprised if they said i was pregnant. im not one to usually go to the er, so that decision had to be made by a higher power. and i couldnt have got through the past week without my wonderful wife, shes been cheering me on the whole way. niether of us will smoke again, and were more aware of just how precious life is . this also means im gonna have to spend more time in the saddle.

I'm glad you pulled through that brother. I had heart valve replacement surgery when I was 42. (8 years ago) I had a genetic heart defect and they replaced my aorta valve with a titanium valve. (It has "EDELBROCK" stamped on it... not really but that's what I tell everyone) Started with a heart murmur. 20 years in the military and they never caught it! That was because I was so physically active while in the Army. Once I retired not so active and I put on a bit of weight. Doing great now. Stay active... ride a bike. :showingbiceps:

Glad to hear that you are doing well. I also got a gift on Valentine's day but mine was one that I didn't really want. I ended up in the ER too but was there because I ended up with "transient global amnesia". I never even heard of the term until the next day. I have no recollection of Valentine's day or what happened that day. Everything I know about it was what my wife has told me since..

Latest posts

Back