my weed wacker engine tricycle its called burn out!!!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy heres my tricycle im working on i just painted it today i lightley painted the frame black primer to give it the look of a burned tricycle it has not dried yet i scraped some of the paint off a few days ago and dumped vinger on it to make it rust there was two coats of paint on it the oringiel red and brown primer except near the seat post because when i painted it there was a tapestry carpet over it i still need to take it sometime to a welder to have part of the back rewelded and i got to have the tank welded to it right now its held on there by a wooden dowel rod and a bungee cord at the front half and theres a guy at the bike shop who knows a guy who can covert it to chain driven but he has not been able to get a hold of him yet and i have a canopy that still needs to be hooked up to the bike and i want to have some one build a wooden truck bed for the back of it and theres a few more things i went to do to it or have some one do to it i post photos as it comes along heres a link to the canopy http://www.choppersus.com/store/product ... anopy-Kit/
tricycle013.jpg
tricycle007.jpg
tricycle016.jpg
tricycle012.jpg
tricycle019.jpg
tricycle020.jpg
tricycle036.jpg

please post comments and let me no what everybody thinks the name of it is burn out

Re: BURN OUT MY WEED WACKER MOTORIZED TRICYCLE

please also feel free to give suggestions :idea: what would make this tricycle look even cooler :?: i did some more spray painting on it a little while ago

mmbackpacker said:
I like it! Needs another pedal though...
im going to put some pedals on it as soon as i can get that other pedal off im haveing trouble getting that pedal off

Remember RatRod's way of taking pedals off, put the wrench on it and push it towards the BACK of the bike to remove both pedals.......Push forward to tighten. Once you get a couple of bars (top tube) welded in place it's gonna look mean!

KOTA said:
Remember RatRod's way of taking pedals off, put the wrench on it and push it towards the BACK of the bike to remove both pedals.......Push forward to tighten. Once you get a couple of bars (top tube) welded in place it's gonna look mean!
hey kota do you know if welders charge a lot is welding exspensive to have done i have never been to a welding shop before if you dont kota is there anyone else who knows the typical price ranges at a weld shop
:?:

Not trying to be rude, but it looks like a bit of a death trap. :shock:

I think you need to sit down like a lot of these guys and sketch out the frame design first on paper.

Rat Rod said:
Not trying to be rude, but it looks like a bit of a death trap. :shock:

I think you need to sit down like a lot of these guys and sketch out the frame design first on paper.
thats funny i like what you call it death trap and im no good at sketching designs i write and draw like a kidgardner i have always had bad hand cordination sometime this week im going to take a photo to the welding shop and ask them how much it will cost me does anybody know the typical cost at a welding shop :?:

Speed2XS said:
How is the engine rigged to the wheel, or is it actually used as a weedwhacker?

One thing is for sure, it's definately a RAT :D
its frictioned powered theres a roller pin inside that black box and when the engine is running the roller pin spins the tire it bad on the snow though got to get my weed wacker engine converted to chain driven

I wanna see a smoke show.... With a name like burn out It best make some tire smoke!!

very cool starting point!
i like it a lot.
if it were up to me, i'd

leave the motor where it is, friction drive is cool! looks steampunk! does it have a muffler? if so run it off one side of the front assembly.
stay with the matt black burned look but highlight certain areas with shiny copper parts.
put some trunk or box behind, to lug extra fuel around? dunno if thats safe though?....

all in all, very cool! very rat
i see lots of potential!! keep us updated!

one question
how fast, i wanna build a moterised thing and i have a small two stroke moter
i just dont want to waste my time building a useless heap

snfargle said:
one question
how fast, i wanna build a moterised thing and i have a small two stroke moter
i just dont want to waste my time building a useless heap
it goes 24 miles per hour on the 24cc engine the higher the cc,s the faster it will go but i would not reccomend frictined powered its trouble man is it trouble trip after trip to bike shop because the innertube keeps popping i got a good tire on the front though 20 inch hookworm tires are the best got to get in converted to chain driven its also not drive well in the snow and i have had the tread on the roller pin wear flat before i had to get a new one put in there

jon said:
As the sticker says on it, that things a "tripp"!
tripp is a clothing company

ohchusan said:
very cool starting point!
i like it a lot.
if it were up to me, i'd

leave the motor where it is, friction drive is cool! looks steampunk! does it have a muffler? if so run it off one side of the front assembly.
stay with the matt black burned look but highlight certain areas with shiny copper parts.
put some trunk or box behind, to lug extra fuel around? dunno if thats safe though?....

all in all, very cool! very rat
i see lots of potential!! keep us updated!
no it has no muffler and its trouble the innertube keeps popping i want to get it converted chain driven really bad so i can drive through snow storms :roll:

Here's my suggestion for making it chain-driven: mount a coaster brake wheel up front, use a standard coasterbrake strap to secure the brake lever to the fork on the brake side, then, so long as your motor is rotating the chain in the right direction, you'd have a motorized unit. If you are really mechanically inclined, you might even configure a drum brake of sorts using the brake strap... either way, cool creation, what is the idea with the tank? Are you looking to make that into a fuel tank? I'd find an old pre-made lawnmower gas tank instead, it will be safer, easier and less expensive if you yourself cannot weld. Best of luck.

Back