my weed wacker engine tricycle its called burn out!!!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unchained said:
Here's my suggestion for making it chain-driven: mount a coaster brake wheel up front, use a standard coasterbrake strap to secure the brake lever to the fork on the brake side, then, so long as your motor is rotating the chain in the right direction, you'd have a motorized unit. If you are really mechanically inclined, you might even configure a drum brake of sorts using the brake strap... either way, cool creation, what is the idea with the tank? Are you looking to make that into a fuel tank? I'd find an old pre-made lawnmower gas tank instead, it will be safer, easier and less expensive if you yourself cannot weld. Best of luck.
howdy the tank is just decoration im sorry but i dont understand what your talking about to convert it to chain driven
i dont have any mechnical skills could you give more details

even if you just go to a muffler shope or something of that nature it shouldn't cost more than $10-$20 for a couple of small welds and I think it would be a little less death-trappy then the hose clamp setup I see now? I love the looks of it though and I also think it would be really cool steam-punk style...hit up the thrift stores in the area and see if you can find some old brass or copper pieces like for example maybe an old copper tea pot that you could cut and use to cover part of the plastic on the motor or something of that nature? Anyways...I like it...just take it to a shope where you can get the frame fixed up a little so it wont be quite so dangerous. :)

it not rideable right now anyway the pull cord is stuck and it needs a new break lever im going to take it to the weld shop in a few months maybe sooner i got to find out the cost first :mrgreen:

ive been giving the motorized idea some thought for aages and i was thinking that you could mount the engine above the wheel on a luggage rack kind of thing and run the chain off the crank via a sprocket straight to the wheel, you would have to have a driven wheel in the front i.e a back one.

looking at the trike it may be easier to go rwd, if you beefed up the rack mounts at the rear you could mount the engine there and via a chain and sprocket drive the rear wheels via the original rear sprocket, if you had a dual rear sprocket you could aslo pedal to start the engine.
i think you have some mechanical skills, else you wouldnt have got this far, respect man. 8)
thanks for the speed info :shock: id have thought it would be slower than that, what with the size of the engine

snfargle said:
ive been giving the motorized idea some thought for aages and i was thinking that you could mount the engine above the wheel on a luggage rack kind of thing and run the chain off the crank via a sprocket straight to the wheel, you would have to have a driven wheel in the front i.e a back one.

looking at the trike it may be easier to go rwd, if you beefed up the rack mounts at the rear you could mount the engine there and via a chain and sprocket drive the rear wheels via the original rear sprocket, if you had a dual rear sprocket you could aslo pedal to start the engine.
i think you have some mechanical skills, else you wouldnt have got this far, respect man. 8)
thanks for the speed info :shock: id have thought it would be slower than that, what with the size of the engine
howdy i dont mean to be rude or anythng but i did not hook up this engine
my mom hooked the engine with help form the lady next doors boy freind :oops:

im sure you can do it, put your mind to it,
you should try and convince the welder to let you have a go as well,
we humans can do everything if we think like a kid and just try it
hey you'll only do it wrong and know not what do next time
and whatever mess you get in you can get out of it

perhaps you could get some help off the peeps next door

Back