My Western Flyer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this bike from a new friend...

Bruizer_1.jpg

We think it is a Western Flyer, but I have no clue of the year. Does anyone have any idea?

And the following are a few of the pictures I took during the build. I'm not done with it...I don't like the upside-down-Madonna springs on the seat...I'm cleaning up the old seat frame, but I need to get over to my buddy's house to use his sand blaster, and he's out of town.

Anyway, the following are a visual diary of the transformation...

Bruizer_2.jpg

Bruizer_3.jpg

Bruizer_4.jpg

Bruizer_5.jpg

Bruizer_6.jpg

Bruizer_7.jpg

Bruizer_8.jpg

Bruizer_9.jpg

Bruizer_10.jpg

Bruizer_11.jpg

Thanks in advance for helping me identify the bike...
Peace.
Bill

Re: My Huffy Good Vibrations!

deorman said:
A better pic of the fender bridge or bottom bracket would help, but it appears to be a Huffy.
Nicely done...you nailed it!

I did a little hunting and pecking on the Internet after reading your reply--the bike is a Huffy Good Vibrations.

This is pretty much the bike, but the cranks are a tad different:

Huffy1.jpg

This one is also pretty much the same, but the seat is different:

Huffy2.jpg

So if you took the cranks off the bike in the second picture and put them on the bike in the first picture, that would be it.

About as much as I could find is that it is from the late 70's or early 80s. I'll keep digging, but I truly appreciate your help!

Peace.
Bill

Re: My Huffy Good Vibrations!

iDood said:
deorman said:
A better pic of the fender bridge or bottom bracket would help, but it appears to be a Huffy.
Nicely done...you nailed it!

I did a little hunting and pecking on the Internet after reading your reply--the bike is a Huffy Good Vibrations.

This is pretty much the bike, but the cranks are a tad different:

Huffy1.jpg

This one is also pretty much the same, but the seat is different:

Huffy2.jpg

So if you took the cranks off the bike in the second picture and put them on the bike in the first picture, that would be it.

About as much as I could find is that it is from the late 70's or early 80s. I'll keep digging, but I truly appreciate your help!

Peace.
Bill
oh cool i once had a huffy vibrations :D
Sam

Back