Nashbar Schwinn frames $50 shipped TODAY ONLY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No but they are related I guess one could say. Connondale is a subsidiary of Dorel Industries which owns Pacific Cycle as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannondale_Bicycle_Corporation

In other words they are all owned by the same parent company but Cannondale appears to be a separate subsidiary owned by the main parent company that owns Pacific, which Schwinn is a brand of.

Well this sucks no cup holder and Nashbar says I need to hunt the part down. I could understand if it was a bottle cage but this isn't an aesthetic part it's part of the frame.
e2enypes.jpg
e9ama5ep.jpg

I LIKE BIKES

Wow so FYI if you order one of these frames be ready for a headache!! Nashbar and the bike company that shipped the bike can't do a thing about the missing cup holder! Basically it's up to me to hunt down a Schwinn dealer and hope I can get the part!

I LIKE BIKES

That is disappointing. I hope you can find one and for a reasonable price. Have you looked on eBay? The frame does look to be very nice. Is it new or from a disassembled bike?

I've done some digging and now Schwinn says they can't help haha. The bike is pretty neat and if I can rig a cover for it and use it for storage that's fine. The problem is getting the discount.

I LIKE BIKES

Will the cup holder from the steel one fit?
If so and you are willing to pay postage from Australia, it might be worth contacting @bean, he is replacing the one in his frame, I will be replacing the one in mine eventually, just not yet...

Luke.

I contacted him but doubt it's worth shipping from AU. Plus Nashbar wants proof of cost. What idea you have for yours? I could hold out...

I LIKE BIKES
I am in Australia too...
Came with my bike.

Luke.

I can't fabricate metal or mold plastic so I would probably try plexiglass cut for the top, cut a center hole in it for a regular cup holder, and then epoxy the cup holder to the plexiglass from the bottom unseen side. Then drill one screw mounting hole through the plexiglass for the rear mount and it looks like the second mounting screw hole would have to be drilled in the bottom of the cup holder. Then prep the top and spray with plastic paint of your color of choice. You could use some other flat plastic stock other than plexiglass as well. I's likely whatever cup holder is used would have to be modified some. Probably shortened a bit by the looks of the well depth in the frame. Okay that's my unskilled idea.:)

One idea, I don't know how well it would work but take a big gulp cup and set it in there then use that spray in foam insulation (closed cell foam in a can) and when it dries trim it and sand it smooth, cut the cup out, a little bondo work over the foam, smooth it out, prime, paint, clear, done!

One idea, I don't know how well it would work but take a big gulp cup and set it in there then use that spray in foam insulation (closed cell foam in a can) and when it dries trim it and sand it smooth, cut the cup out, a little bondo work over the foam, smooth it out, prime, paint, clear, done!
Then it would be insulated too! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Then it would be insulated too! :thumbsup:

Luke.
Yep! It'd keep your beverage cold or hot and it would be easy enough to carve out if you didn't like it or wanted to change it later.

Back