NERRB 2nd Annual Cape Cod Canal Ride Pics Posted!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Meet-up Place: The parking lot at the GPS: > INTERSECTION > Hunters Brooke Rd > Canal Rd > Bourne, MA (same place as last time)
Meet-up Time: 10AM

Let’s do this again, because last year’s ride was wonderful, with a great setting, food and most importantly – camaraderie!

CapeCodCanal102112007.jpg

It’s too bad we couldn’t do this ride earlier this year in March when we all had unseasonably cold weather and a mountain of snow on the ground!

What do you guys think?

Re: NERRB 2nd Annual Cape Cod Canal Ride Sunday October ?

Hi Pete, we can start working on a Sunday in October by mutual accord, time is on our side. :)

Looking forward!

Re: NERRB 2nd Annual Cape Cod Canal Ride Sunday October ?

How does the second Sunday the 13th sound, we can use the following Sunday the 20th as the rain date.

Re: NERRB 2nd Annual Cape Cod Canal Ride Sunday October 13th

Considering how flat the Cape Cod Canal Trail is, how would you feel about making it a single-speed/two-speed kickback ride? The Lower Cape is awesome during the early fall!

Looking forward :)

I'm good with any Sunday in October. I will be bringing my wife's tandem. Also I may be bringing some friends from work and their wives. Hmmm :? :idea: maybe they should ride some of my bikes so they can feel at ease with the cool kids. 8)

Pete

Not a bad idea, Pete - you own some cool ones :!:

*BUMP* for a ride without doubt! :)

:) :!:

:idea: :arrow: *BUMP* :wink:

My wife and I will be going with her Burley Tandem (Burley women love Burley men :wink: )
We have a few friends that are wanting to ride the canal this year. Cape Codders cross this canal all their lives but rarely take the time to really see it.I'm going to hook them up with some of my bikes so they will fit in with the rest of us odd fellows and fellowetts.

Graylock

Last year we didn’t get that many posts’ and yet turn-out was good; the ride setting is exceptional with soft rolling hills and ships leisurely going through the canal. The food is tasty traditional New England and reasonably priced. What more is there to ask for on a bicycle ride!

On how locals have a treasure in their “backyard” – as a New Yorker living in Manhattan, I didn’t go up the Empire State Building until I was in my mid-20’s; I rode past it, walked past it and looked-up at it but never went up-it until then! So, yea, it’s understandable how those living on or around the Cape haven’t experienced their local bike path treasure even though they look down on it from the bridge.

*BUMP* GL, even if it's just you and me, it'll be alright! 8)

Would it be possible to return to the restaurant that we ate at last year? :)

I hope so! We ate there on the trip home from Ayer.
We won't be alone, a coworker and his wife will go and another coworker and his wife that may go depends on their sons activities at North Eastern.......... same thing happened to them on last years ride. Also some coworkers of my wife has shown some interest but doubts they will show. I'm hoping for the kind of day we had last year.

Pete

Cool!

So far the forecast for Sunday looks good – high 70’s and 0% chance of rain; keeping fingers crossed, after all, this is New England! :)

Latest posts

Back