NERRB 2nd Annual Cape Cod Canal Ride Pics Posted!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NERRB 2nd Annual Cape Cod Canal Ride Sunday October 13th

1oldbikelover said:
Does everyone ride antique bicycles at this event? How long is the ride? Ray in Ipswich
It isn’t necessary to ride an antique bike on this or any of our rides. Having said that, most of us will ride some type of classic bike, I’ll be on a 1971 Peugeot U0-8 that I restored several years ago, others ride vintage American cruisers.

However, if you show-up wearing Spandex and riding a 2013 Megadollar Your-A-Pee’n carbon-fiber bike, you might feel a little over dressed. :wink:

All joking aside, we are an inclusive bunch – ‘Run-what-ya-brung’ – you’ll be welcomed!

In answer to your second question, Ray: The ride goes from the center of the Cape Cod Canal and goes from one end to the other and back to where we started from ~ 20-miles at a laid-back pace.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like fun! It's always cool to attend an event with others who share the same passion for old bicycles. I have some old non-restored prewar bikes as well as some vintage cruisers and my f/s mtn bike. I was curious about the distance covered only because not sure if my old clunkers would make the round trip. I do ride them around town but 70 year old parts can be a little unpredictable. Maybe I can tow a bike trailer behind one of my steeds carrying a backup bike just in case my main ride encounters technical difficulties! There's a good possibility I may make the road trip down to the bridge! No mtn bike events scheduled this coming weekend unless they reschedule today's cancelled NH event for the 13th. CaliBikerDude

ZygoteLittle said:
1oldbikelover said:
Does everyone ride antique bicycles at this event? How long is the ride? Ray in Ipswich
It isn’t necessary to ride an antique bike on this or any of our rides. Having said that, most of us will ride some type of classic bike, I’ll be on a 1971 Peugeot U0-8 that I restored several years ago, others ride vintage American cruisers.

However, if you show-up wearing Spandex and riding a 2013 Megadollar Your-A-Pee’n carbon-fiber bike, you might feel a little over dressed. :wink:

All joking aside, we are an inclusive bunch – ‘Run-what-ya-brung’ – you’ll be welcomed!

In answer to your second question, Ray: The ride goes from the center of the Cape Cod Canal and goes from one end to the other and back to where we started from ~ 20-miles at a laid-back pace.

Your so funny...............You brung her, you ride her.............. as they say this side of the bridge.
The ride is an easy one, mostly it's the wind that gets you but I think if we time it right the tide will be with us both ways.
I have a couple coming with us and I'm bringing a couple of bikes for them. Another is bringing his early 70's Fuji that he always uses when we ride together. Mine will be my wife's '95 Burley Samba Tandem (her bike, her rules). After the ride we'll cross from the mainland to Cape Cod over the Sagamore Bridge (in our cars) to eat at Sea Food Sam's on the canal.
I'm crossing my fingers hoping it will be a day like last year........ see ya' there!

Pete

I'm polishing up the Raleigh 20 and having the Grunge Rudge dry cleaned. The Burley will get a good going over. We will be ready by Sunday.

232323232%7Ffp6356%3A%3Enu%3D468%3B%3E383%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D358854%3C%3A6%3A349nu0mrj

I’ll post a pic of my steed as soon as I can get my act together.

A slightly romanticized version of me on my steed:
David-Napoleon.jpg

:lol:

Temps will be in the lower 60's on Sunday – SHORTS :!: :!: :!:

:lol:

You guys are the greatest!

LOL You guys have way too much free time , but you use it well.
Can I have a framed copy of that for my shop wall? That's great...Stevil

My real steed – I was just kidding with the other one; it really wasn’t me.

1971 Peugeot UO-8
thelady001_zps38b6b541.jpg

That wasn't you? My bad.............

Steval, your shuting down your trailer too early. We are taking the T@B out one more weekend in Scusset Beach on the weekend of the 25th. No water hookups and self contained only but it does have electric. Then I'll think about shutting down the trailer.
Saturday afternoon my friend Joel will come over to pick a few bikes to ride on Sunday. See you rats there!

Pete

All set to go, The trailer is loaded and the bikes are aired. The Flatlander of Ayer has been added to the list to be riden by another. Weather looks to be sunny and in the 60's. See you at 10:00

Pete 508-889-6719

Ready to go - see you all in a little bit!

Pics of a day well spent with friends on The Cape!

Das Group
thecape101313001_zps936d6d95.jpg

thecape101313004_zpsa47aedb7.jpg

Not bad for a 42-year old bike!!!
thecape101313005_zpsa7561705.jpg

Hang’n-out by the West Entrance
thecape101313006_zps4d39ba36.jpg

thecape101313007_zps7050a5de.jpg

thecape101313009_zpsfda5e2fd.jpg

The Eye
thecape101313011_zps3c0d9443.jpg

thecape101313012_zps29126606.jpg