NERRB 60-mile Gluteus Maximus Buster Ride Farmington, CT Sunday July 20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished some research on Maps:

Why not start in Simsbury; its closer to Southwick and will lead us to Northampton (should we decide to go that far).

Tunxis Meade Park will add extra miles and besides, we all know where the Plan B Burger Bar parking lot is on Railroad St.
Wow,!!Either I'm missing something or you:confused:,we are doing 60 right??In order to do the loop back and forth you have to start in Farmington at the furthest point south on the trail.Starting there will bring us up approx 30mi to Southwick and then the 30 back.Starting in Simsbury will only yield a round trip of approx 40 mi and thats only if you head all the way into Westfield to the very end where the trail currently ends now.I'v done this ride:whistle:!!!

Wow,!!Either I'm missing something or you:confused:,we are doing 60 right??In order to do the loop back and forth you have to start in Farmington at the furthest point south on the trail.Starting there will bring us up approx 30mi to Southwick and then the 30 back.Starting in Simsbury will only yield a round trip of approx 40 mi and thats only if you head all the way into Westfield to the very end where the trail currently ends now.I'v done this ride:whistle:!!!
Part of it is a logistical concern and the other part is based upon building consensus.

What say you all: Farmington or Simsbury

I’m fine with either start location; the obvious point being a mutually agreed upon Meet-Up Place, we’re all in agreement on time.

Time is on our side, it’s just a matter of refinement.

Very well, as previously stated, we’re on consensus building.

There appear to be two convergent bike trails near the park’s baseball fields, there is also a parking lot, will this be the Meet-Up location in Farmington?

HELP I'm short circuiting:crazy::43:!!!Someone please run me over with a balloon tire bike quick!!Yes there are two trails,we are concerned with the Farmington Heritage trail the other one is the River View I think its called and starts in Collinsville then loops up around to the back of Simsbury.Its a crap trail with root and frost heaved sections and is not all the way connected and paved,this is NOT the way to go!!

Stick with BTR,he's done this run with speedo/odo on a
Schwinn Spoiler ,didn't get a parking ticket and got back
in time for dinner. Frmngtn to Sthwck . Bring your Big Gulp and
you'll get a free refill at Crappy Joe's ,watchin Rock n Roll on the Deck.
Question: Can this be done with a Fixie ?...Stevil

Yes,why yes,yes again and a big yes that is a very good place to start:headbang: Somebody's been sleepreading my post again,dagnabit I hate when that happens:banghead:.Ya know mabey I was only dreaming that I DID THIS RIDE BEFORE but then how would I explain the 1/2" crust of smashed bug poo on my sunglasses,the two squirrels and one rabbit stuck in the spokes and the moose with a sore ----beeeeep!!--just kiddin on the moose--well kinda :rolleyes: Just funnin ya ZL don't take me seriously as I don't have word serious entered in the Blacktop lexicon:crazy: BTR

Cool BTR, I'll post the location on the Tread Header!

Stick with BTR,he's done this run with speedo/odo on a
Schwinn Spoiler ,didn't get a parking ticket and got back
in time for dinner. Frmngtn to Sthwck . Bring your Big Gulp and
you'll get a free refill at Crappy Joe's ,watchin Rock n Roll on the Deck.
Question: Can this be done with a Fixie ?...Stevil
I don't recommend it and knowing you quite well aren't all your bikes fixies??WIDE OPEN on that one BRO,you MADE me cheap shot it but hey SCREW IT LETS RIDE!!!!--:cool2:!!,this will be fun fun fun:crazy: and there's always AAA to back our sorry butts !!

...this will be fun fun fun:crazy: and there's always AAA to back our sorry butts !!
This might help too.
preparation-h-ointment.jpg
:oops::oops::oops:

No trailers! No trailers!! Haulin' a full case of bear and 10 pounds of ice on a bike that ergonomically sucks is not all that exciting! However, the beverage consumption did diminish the pain quite substantially! BUT the chafing! Oh the chafing!

Maybe there is something to the fact I rode "Maximum Overdrive" on the ride?!?! Insert creepy wahhhnt, wahhhnt, wahhhnt, screeches~

That trailer is evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...the beverage consumption did diminish the pain quite substantially! BUT the chafing! Oh the chafing!
Pics? ;)

:eek: Ahhh...well...maybe not.......perhaps a better idea would be for you to invest in a pair of cycling shorts in order to reduce the chafing. :)

Last edited:
Back