New chick checking in.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello :) I just bought my first bike a couple of weeks ago, a rusty Greenline cruiser, and my second a couple of days ago, a Raleigh 20 foldie. It seems I have caught the bike bug. Just wanted to introduce myself, looking forward to learning and getting ideas for my bikes.

The basket on the foldie was the first thing to go...
1CKDjZI.jpg
YY88Bgw.jpg

Welcome!

I hope you have more room for bikes. You'll probably have 10 before the end of summer.
The Raleigh folder looks like a 70's model, there's a date stamped on the rear hub shell, ex. 10 73 would be Oct of 1973. Those bikes are called shoppers overseas and are built like tanks. People used them everyday as their primary transportation. I would strip it down to bare bones with high pressure 20" tires and use it for longer rides. Your other bike looks ready to go as is.

Thanks everyone! I have to say, everyone I have had contact with in this forum and in the facebook group have been so nice and helpful.
Welcome!

I hope you have more room for bikes. You'll probably have 10 before the end of summer.
The Raleigh folder looks like a 70's model, there's a date stamped on the rear hub shell, ex. 10 73 would be Oct of 1973. Those bikes are called shoppers overseas and are built like tanks. People used them everyday as their primary transportation. I would strip it down to bare bones with high pressure 20" tires and use it for longer rides. Your other bike looks ready to go as is.

Thanks for the advice :) I'll take a look and see what model year it was. I figured somewhere around the early 70's but haven't had the time to look. Both needed tires but other than that they seem ok.

Welcome! Im glad to see you sliced out a place to call your own here. ;)

FZ

Welcome! This is a great site to meet people, get information and parts from, and it will cause you to collect way too many bikes and bike parts. If there is such thing as way too many.

Back