New Felt "El Guapo"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm thinking about purchasing a new Felt "El Guapo" I love the looks with the Green rims and white walls. I know a few of you guys have, or have had one. how do they ride in your opinion? I would love to hear the input on one to help me make a decision one way or another. Please feel free to chime in!:thumbsup:

Chris

check with Steve.

I still have my older El Guapo and enjoy it, but Steve built up the newer frame EG I think. I have never ridden the newer frame. Schwinnray69 also has an older EG

I have a new red baron, felt very heavy to steer but feel a lot better since I fitted the wider higher electra bars on it, made sure its maximum psi in the tyres etc and it feels a lot better, never rode a bike with apes before so I suspect depending on the size and width that may or may not affect the feel of the bike making it heavy or easier to steer, wish I could find out as I am having some awesome custom apes made for it in the next few weeks, bit like tall ron bars only 10x better!

I've got one of the new ones, it is heavy, but it doesn't bother me while riding. I had a 3 speed rear hub put in mine, it's a nice ride.

I did not fully assemble mine, I took the parts I needed to finish another project. One thing I did notice was how heavy that frame was after someone asked, the bad part is that the center of gravity is high so you feel the weight when riding. I know this from the old style guapo frame I built up.

I still think its a great looking frame but in steel its heavy for me.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about ordering mine from Motostrano, he's not that far away from me. I was talking to one of my local bike shops that carries Felt, I wanted to order one in the box. They said it was against store policy to do that, they had to assemble it. have you guys ever heard of that?:39: Or is that common? Joe at Motostrano said, No problem!

^ if you don't mind what MIGZ is saying about the weight of the bike then go for it and enjoy it.

As per your last post, you can double check with Mostrano themselves, but if your talking about ordering a bike and having it shipped then its an issue with Felt dealer rules last time I heard. As far as leaving it in the box and you picking up then you'll definitely have to call Mostrano to make sure that's the case and your set to go.

I noticed that... All the places say warehouse pickup only. I understand. I have no problem picking it up, I just want it in the box. My local bike shop said..It's against there store policy, they have to assemble it. What?o_O

To me all the Old Steel Felt frames feel and look the same. I like the heavy stable ride. Heres four:

The New Steel Felt frames ride different, might be the center of gravity. I cant put my finger on it.

But as you can see i feel all old felt based on same frame and all new based on same frame.

Back