new from MO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lurked on the forum off and on. Just moved to central MO and looking to build a bike. Im more interested in old single speeds up to three speeds with a retro look than the mountain and road bike look.

I'm also looking to add a motor but not sure if I want to go the China girl 2 stroke route. Maybe an old Kawasaki 2 stroke or chainsaw motor chain drive.

Welcome to RRB! Check Craigslist, I know that down here in Springfield we get quite a few vintage bikes for sale. I think the Columbia area does too.

Actually, there is a real nice Huffy Camaro (green) on Columbia /JC Craigslist right now! A cool middleweight bike is a great place to start.

Thanks for the replies/and heads up on bikes. I'm trying to find a local scrap yard to dig for bikes. Back in TN I knew a few scrap yards that allowed me to walk around the junk piles. Bikes come and go daily and I could get them at $0.30/lb. I bought several Walmart bikes to repair my kids Walmart bikes. Tires on rims for a $1 is hard to beat:)

Back