New member from ATL....any others here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from ATL. any others here?
i have been into building and putting together bikes for a while now, but until now most of my projects have been fixies.
i look at craigslist about 20 times a day trying to find deals on old bikes and parts, etc....
a couple weeks ago i found an ad for a flightliner and i checked it out and loved it.
got it for cheap too. i am in the process of cleaning it up right now. the rust is not bad except for in the the fender wells
i plan on getting the electronics in the tank working again (light, horn)
also, it needs a new lens cover for the light. should be able to make one from an old car lens cover maybe?
i also plan on re-painting all the red with a metallic auto paint to match the original. definitely gonna throw some whitewalls on her too!
some "before" pictures below.....the bike is taken apart now....will post progress.
thanks!
BLINK
2757870394_c5458fc66c_b.jpg

2757869992_e1db5ff23c_b.jpg

The Flightliner, especially the chrome one, is such a cool bike in stock form, it hardly needs modifying! That said, I did acquire a bare frame on ebay, and went the custom route. ~Adam
SUNP0017.jpg

thanks for the warm welcome ya'alll.
and yes, ATL is Atlanta, aka the dirty south.
i am not gonna modify this one too much....
i actually bought some schwalbe "fat frank" tires today and after spending 4 hours with a barkeepers friend solution and a brass bristle brush, i mounted them to my extremely shiny chrome wheels.
this is gonna take some work.....
hopefully i can get some photos this week of the progress......
the bike is in pieces right now, but i am so excited to ride!!!!!

blink!!

and here is what she looks like after a bunch of cleaning and some new tires, which i will have to change out because they dont clear the fenders in the rear and hit them in the front when the spring is compressed. i ordered some whitewalls and some pedals and actually found a lens for the tank that might work......just thought i would share the progress.
2809981606_ae52c5f364_b.jpg

2809132985_b10fcdc9a8_b.jpg

2809131607_82edcc38b8_b.jpg

Welcome aboard! I'm from Valdosta and go to school around Columbus, GA.
The white tires look awesome!!

Back