New Member somewhat brief bio LOL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Avid biker, have been all my life. Kids, jobs etc have gotten in the way but I'm back full swing with older kids and a stable work environment that allows me to indulge in my passion. I'm a heavy Mountain Biker, raced in the late 90's and early 2000's. I'm back on the Mountain Bike trails but love the custom cruisers and rat rods as well for knocking around the neighborhood. Current Stable is as follows:
2008 Santa Cruz Blur LT (Purchased complete)
2007 Santa Cruz Superlight (Purchased the used frameset off Ebay and pieced it together)
1997 Schwinn Homegrown Factory Hardtail. (Purchased as a frameset new, has been thru a few builds)
1998 Schwinn Homegrown Factory Full Suspension (Currently is just a frameset as it was stripped for other builds, my eldest son wants to rebuild it for himself)
1968 Schwinn Stingray with an extended seat post and seat rails. (It's original, can't decide whether to restore or not)
Black Nirve Switchblade with a custom red rim wheelset and Brooks leather saddle
Specialized p.1 single speed
Specialized p.1 8 speed
2011 WalMart Huffy cruiser converted to a boardtracker style bike with a 24x3 rear and 3 speed nexus hub. Still can't shift the Nexus but I'm working on it. I want to work up a jockey style shifter. This bike is rideable but still needs attention.
Custom Welded (In Canada) Lowrider Cruiser Frameset. Future build. Purchased the frame off EBay

Assorted other frames and parts.

Back