New pics added! Hechtrod's In-N-Out Burger cruiser rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alexschwinn.jpg

So, I'm planning on trading a local guy this bike above for my old road bike. It looks to be in great shape and mostly done, but of course I'll have to do some things to make it my own. The white light tank looks like it will fit my "In-N-Out" decals perfectly. I'll likely do something different with that purple lowrider seat. Probably try and recover it or just sell it and go a different color. We'll see. The seating position and leg room should be better for my long legs. I dig the monkey bars too. Should be a fun bike! More details and pics later.
hechtrod

SEE PAGE 2 for PICS!

Re: Hechtrod's In-N-Out Burger cruiser rod

I'm flying to Santa Monica next month and I'm anxious to try In-N-Out Burger, I'm told to get the "double bouble". Cool theme for your bike 8)

I said this elsewhere on here, but the only thing I miss about living in LA is the fast food. I can't wait to see this bike!

Cool score man! A word of caution: Once you have 2 old bikes you'll start thinking "why not 3?" then when you have 3, you'll start thinking "Why not another one?" Next thing you know you've eleven old bikes lying around... But That may not be a big problem for you. I enjoy it... :mrgreen:

In-N-Out?..................Never heard of it! :|

Mmm....all this In n Out talk has me craving a burger "animal style", with no tomato. :mrgreen:

Not funny! I saw your title and thought they opened an In-N-Out upstate. In-N-Out is one of Californias few redeeming qualities. Californians are moving out here in droves and not a single one has had the forthought to bring a In-N-Out franchise with him :)

Cool bike! ....and oh how I miss In-N-Out.....They need to put one in Edmonton!

In-N-Out is a family run biz. They don't let franchises just anywhere. I was in Cali last week and we ate there 3 times. Best Burger in the world. I didn't really appreciate it until I left Cali.

Brig, yeah, my wife is already wondering why I'm getting rid of the road bike for another old cruiser. I don't think I can get her to understand.

I need to check out the innout website and my decals for inspiration.

Chris

Tommys? Man that "chili" is like the 5th state of matter. Not sure what the heck that stuff is.

Luckily we've got 'em in AZ too....maybe they'll SLOWLY move eastward.... :wink:

i was reading this thread in the morning, by afternoon i had my girl ready to go in my 58 caddy on the way to enjoy my animal style meal

i bet the company would love to see a custom built bicycle...

a quick story: on the bottom of most of the wrappers and containers and even hidden in the shirts there are bible passages. never bothered to check on what they are.. anyhow. as some of you know you can order as many pattys as you want. years ago i decided to get a 4x4, yes thats 4 pattys, animal style of course, animal style frys (yes, animal style frys) and a shake

the total came out to 6.66... they must not want you to get that combo.

LOL....that's too funny. But seriosly, that's not a whole lotta money for what you ordered. Usually on weekends I go with my wife and we eat for around eight bucks....Can't beat that!

Ok, well I made the trade and picked up the INnOut bike this afternoon. The seat needs to go. At least the purple faux suede stuff. Maybe some red and yellow InNOut color seat material. :) The handle bar grips need to go. They're a plasticy "chopper" style grips. yuck. The lights are fully functioning, that's cool! I wish I could widen the spread of the monkey bars, they're a little narrow. Any ideas guys?
Chris

hechtrod said:
Brig, yeah, my wife is already wondering why I'm getting rid of the road bike for another old cruiser. I don't think I can get her to understand...

You just need to find her an old cruiser that she feels is hers. Then she'll get it. That's what I did... Of course she still only gets it to a point... She doesn't understand why I need to have 12 bikes around the house and only 6 of them are cruisable...

as with all "hobby" collections, you can never have enough.

DSC_0014.jpg

thanks to this thread in-n-out has had one bike riding customer every other day. :mrgreen:

another thing i was thinking about was the moon bicycle wheel covers... i think that would fit..

https://www.mooneyesusa.com/Store/produ ... 55babef3ec
expensive but very cool IMHO

New pics, finally...

100_6529.jpg

100_6530.jpg

100_6531.jpg

100_6534.jpg

100_6533.jpg

Here's some pics I finally took today of my In-N-Out Burger Cruiser rod. I swapped my Rickster Schwinn grips over to this bike from the Salt Flyer, so now they're on a schwinn. I need to get rid of that purple seat cover and find a better color, maybe yellow or white. I need some yellow to get all the colors of In-N-Out. :) I'd really like to find a white wall 26x3 fatti-o tire for the back. I'd like to try some fenders in white too. We'll see. It's a fun bike to ride. It's smooth and has a decent sitting position for a tall guy like me.
hechtrod

Back