New project mock up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was lookin for some rims at a local non profit we have called BICAS, they get bikes donated and either do quick fixes and sell them or strip them down and sell them as parts. Found a wide steel 24", a narrow rear 24" with a flip-flop, prob relace it into anothe rim, and a new alloy 24" front. Was cruisin the frames and came across a chrome 24, hmmm... $7.00 was a good gamble I thought. Got home drug out the heat gun and yanked all the stickers. A few lil nicks and scuffs but still pretty shiny. Yanked the derailers, spun a freewheel on the 24" wide steel, mounted a 2.6" rear and shoved it in the frame. Threw a 2.5" on the new 24" front rim and mounted it, hopefully I can find a straight BMX fork or a carbon fiber one for it. Now I gotta get a crank and ring gear combo to get her movin. I swapped the rear brakes to a set of V's I had and some solid alloy canti's instead of the pressed steel crud that was on it. The seat is a little bigger than I want, I may try to recover the one that was on it or pick up a different smaller saddle.

chrome24.jpg

Back