New Ratty Recumbent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I laughed so hard when I saw this I had to share it.

bike.jpg

This company has been making them for awhile. I made one like that using a girl's mtn bike, I'll see if I can find a pic. The front end was too heavy in the turns, so I scrapped the idea.

http://www.cruzbike.com/

outskirtscustoms said:
I think I'd leave the seat stays in for a little added strength though.

I've got plenty of 20" coaster wheels and bunch of chopped up frames, this would be such an easy quick build and it might turn out to be something fun to ride. You think with clippless strap pedals I could ditch the handlebars and turn with my feet? :shock:

I probably would make a cable steering system to under the seat.

I tried building one. It zigzagged down the street with each pedal stroke. :D

A buddy of mine built this one for me. I still miss it but I got a killer deal trading it for a '62 Corvair Greenbriar van.

saw027.jpg

Tadpoles are pretty awesome on spacious roads but not much good elsewhere. I had a Whiz Wheel ( http://www.terratrike.com/tour.php ) that I got used for a grand, sold it for same.

Sweet, I like the tadpole trikes because you can really feel the G-force in the corners with it. Mine was built pretty tough, I even rode it down stairs at low speed! I was going to get an engine kit and a 5 point racing seat belt for it but the trade came up and I didn't.

I have yet to see a recumbent that makes me want to ever even try riding one. The one at the top just reinforces that. :)

utilityart said:
I have yet to see a recumbent that makes me want to ever even try riding one. The one at the top just reinforces that. :)

Actually the tadpole trike is really fun to ride, only thing is it feels so unsafe where there is any traffic at all. But on bike only trails it is awesome.

Wildcat said:
This company has been making them for awhile. I made one like that using a girl's mtn bike, I'll see if I can find a pic. The front end was too heavy in the turns, so I scrapped the idea.

here it is:

2q03twz.jpg

Back