New to bikes, not to fabricating

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been lurking around here for some time, and finally decided to join. I just picked up a bunch of 1.5" tube and a BB and am getting ready to start my first build. I have most of the bike drawn up in autocad and inventor, just waiting on materials to show up to really get started. While it's not going to be a rat, I have found that the style and feel of this forum better suits my tastes than other forums I have lurked through. This bike will be an attempt to get back into shape. I was at 230, and have dieted my way down to 200. Hopefully hitting the streets on a custom bike will help me to reach my goal of 160.

I am a mechanical engineering student, and my main interest is minitrucks and hot rods.

Here is my daily driver. I am also building a 1968 C10, but it's current state is too rough to show any pictures haha.

M1270005.jpg

Looks like you might be a fellow Hoosier,so let me be the first to welcome you.I just joined myself...Cool truck,by the way!

thanks for the welcome guys, I have had boxes showing up for the last several days, and I'm anxious to get started building! It seems like all of the builds on here have endless supplies of cool vintage parts just sitting in their shops. Being new to this, I'm having to start completely from scratch!

Back