Newb from AZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - decided to sign up seeing as how I've been doing a lot... whole lot of lurking as of late. I stumbled upon this site while searching for info on the Wally-World Genesis Onyx bikes, and was blown away at the amount of knowledge. Seems like a pretty laid back place to learn and share.

I plan on picking of of the Onyx up or a Huffy Cranbrook as a Christmas gift to myself. Recently picked up my step-daughter a Huffy cruiser from Walmart for her birthday, and I had gotten rid of my mountain bike a few months back and she wants some one to go on casual rides with... also going to pick mom up a bike as well. After browsing around, I don't think I'll be able to leave the bike stock for long... like with anything else I have. Haha.

I'm a Jeep guy and have a '97 Wrangler with some work done to it, I fiddle with computers and RC trucks as well... so I think bikes might be my next tinker-hobby.

Any suggestions on which bike (Crandbrook or Onyx) has better bolt-on mod-a-billity and doesn't have a lot of weird sized parts that might be hard to replace? The Onyx being a 29 might be the one I was leaning towards due to my 6'2" height.

Thanks guys and glad to be on board. :D

Welcome aboard!
I know there are a few threads dedicated to both bikes, from memory the Onyx is a bit harder to swap parts for due to wheel size and maybe spoke count?

I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in... ;)

Luke.

Back