NEWBIE time!!! Are these bikes worth the bother??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, new to the vintage bicycle world. I am a vintage motorcycle collector/restorer and love the Stingray era muscle bikes too. I bought a Pea Picker from Blue Moon bikes in Sycamore last fall and currently have it on display in the basement. I came across these in Indy and cannot find much info on value?? I am really only interested in keeping the purple Sears, the others will be sold to fund the Sears. Any idea on value of the Stelber, the Sears and the black bike? Not looking to retire from my profits but also not interested in a non-collectible ride. Thanks for the help!!!
Stelber_zps42b018e0.jpg

Sears_zps486f4acd.jpg

Robin_zpsd9b21a3a.jpg

My Pea Picker

DSC_0116_zps575e6211.jpg

Nice pea picker! The first two there I'd say $100-$150 each the pea picker I have seen listed anywhere from $300-$700 so it's kinda worth what someone is willing to pay, and the black one probably $50-$100.

The black one looks english to me. outskirts nailed the price on that one, probably somewhere between 50 and a benjamin for it if you find a buyer.

And I think the red bike might be ross-built? Not entirely sure. Some other more educated person should show up soon.

And that pea picker is amazing! A bike to be proud of.

Cheers, ccd

Hi, beautiful Picker that's a great bike. Bluemoon has some great stuff I stop in there quite often. Love the museum and the used bikes are always something to look at.

What I will tell you as far as value goes in my opinion and experience in Banana Seat bikes, Schwinn's hold a value where most others won't I collect Muscle/Banana seat bikes and whenever it's time to purge a bit the Stingrays move quick and the others sit and have to be sold cheap. Normally a bike like your Red one very nice looking and complete, but an off brand would go for $100 to $125 if you can find the right person. I have 2 off brand Banana Seat bikes that I have been trying to sell on the market since early Feb and got 1 email and a lowball offer for $50 thats less than I paid for the bike, but I have sold 7 Stingrays in the last month and they started to generate interest the day I posted them. Also Bikes with shifters on the bar are generally great, but usually carry a big price tag.

The Black bike I would say $50 to $75 most likely as its a girls bike and older, it would make a good college campus bike for some girl.

The only other comments I would make is stay away from off brand girl bikes unless you need parts as most have no return investment in them unless you score them dirt cheap then they are slow to resell. Schwinn FairLady's are pretty safe and still sell ok, and Schwinn Slik Chik's are always desired.

Your purple Sears bike is also sharp and a great color, looks to be very much there. Nice find!

Keep me in mind if you decide to sell the Red one sounds like you may be local to me, figure out a price and PM me I may be interested.

The red one is an iverson or stelber. Stelber later changed their name to Iverson.
Cool bike. I love the rocket chain guard.

Back